Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seperation Between Communication Cable Tray, Feeder Conduit and Fire Sprinkler Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seperation Between Communication Cable Tray, Feeder Conduit and Fire Sprinkler Pipe

[COLOR=#000000]My manager wants to put 12 inches seperation between power and communication cable tray and fire alarm conduits that will be located in the building hole, but we're short of space. I prepared a drawing below . Is there any restrictive item for seperation between power conduits and other communication and fire alarm conduits in NEC and BICSI? Can we put these conduits in the same strut structure? Can we put feeder conduits below fire sprinkler pipe according to NEC?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Design.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2535412
    [/COLOR]

Nothing in the NEC. BICSI probably has 10 pages. Power and fire alarm are in conduit. I think you will be fine.

-Hal

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. I want to learn more about this subject. If you write which topic explains this in BICSI, I will be grateful.

Comment

Nothing more to know. I was being sarcastic. Nobody cares what BICSI says.

-Hal

Comment

I think NEC 800.133 here.
          hbiss is right, no one really cares about BICSI. I think the RCDD qualification is little more than a pat on the back anyway.
          Article?, BICSI defers to NEC. They have no choice. NEC is law of the land. TDMM is suggestions

Comment

Thank you very much for your replies hbiss and Hv&Lv

Comment

Hi,

I have one more question. According to NEC, is it possible to place communication cable conduits and power cable conduits on one single strut?

Comment

Working...
              X