Seperation Between Communication Cable Tray, Feeder Conduit and Fire Sprinkler Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidividi12

Occupation
Electrician
Thank you very much for your reply. I want to learn more about this subject. If you write which topic explains this in BICSI, I will be grateful.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I think NEC 800.133 here.
hbiss is right, no one really cares about BICSI. I think the RCDD qualification is little more than a pat on the back anyway.
Article?, BICSI defers to NEC. They have no choice. NEC is law of the land. TDMM is suggestions

vidividi12

Occupation
Electrician
Hi,

I have one more question. According to NEC, is it possible to place communication cable conduits and power cable conduits on one single strut?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
There are no issues with the separation from the fire sprinkler piping, but that are possible issues with separation from fire sprinkler heads.

vidividi12

Occupation
Electrician
Also no issues with sprinkler pipe being that close.

There are no issues with the separation from the fire sprinkler piping, but that are possible issues with separation from fire sprinkler heads.

Would it be a problem if the pipe sprinkler line is above the electrical power feeder conduit line? I have read that in some documents that we need to install horizontal raceway runs above water and steam piping. Can this mentioned water piping be fire sprinkler piping? Or is it only hot/cold water piping?

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
I don't believe there is a problem between fire sprinkler/hot/cold water near conduit. But running anything over electrical equipment swithcboards, motor control centers is an issue

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Would it be a problem if the pipe sprinkler line is above the electrical power feeder conduit line? I have read that in some documents that we need to install horizontal raceway runs above water and steam piping. Can this mentioned water piping be fire sprinkler piping? Or is it only hot/cold water piping?
That is an issue for the fire marshal and or mechanical AHJ

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
No code issue, but that sprinkler pipe placement will make access to the cable tray obnoxious unless the cable tray is accessible from the opposite side (no way to tell in the attached drawing). Don't screw the install guy, if you can help it.

SceneryDriver

Status
Not open for further replies.