No announcement yet.

Did you send any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent one in. It was pretty simple, but hope to save hours of grief. Just trying to educate new inspectors as to intelligent design vs being a corner-cutter.
    Don't let fear be your guide!

Comment

Originally posted by cadpoint View Post
      Are all the other publications reviewed and re-written in the same way as NFPA-70 ?
      What about NFPA-72 National Fire Alarm Code, or NFPA 13 or even NFPA-1?

If an error exists between differnet Codes how is this handled ?
      All of the NFPA documents are consensus standards and follow the same process as the NEC...the only difference is that they are not all on a 3 year cycle. I believe that the Standards Council addresses issues between the various standards.
      Don, Illinois
      (All code citations are 2017 unless otherwise noted)

Comment

I sent in one.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by iwire View Post
          I did not send any, I think the NEC is perfect as written.
          I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by mdshunk View Post
            The proposal process seems unnecessarily burdensome. I should write a proposal sometime with ideas to streamline the proposal process.
            Agreed. I would also extend that to the entire code making process.

Three year code cycle is very unneccesary as well. Six would suffice as far as I am concerned. Of course there would be many fewer books sold, and many fewer code update classes to pay for and 1/2 as many license renewal fees....etc.
            There are two kinds of people - those smart enough to know they donít know, and those dumb enough to insist they do.-----Margery Eagan

Open shop since 1988

Comment

The flood of tears in this thread surprises me. :grin:

One code always switch jobs and only have to be able say 'please pull ahead'.

Comment

One code always switch jobs and only have to be able say 'please pull ahead'.
                Hey Bob, would you like to Biggie size that?

Comment

Originally posted by mdshunk View Post
                  Hey Bob, would you like to Biggie size that?

Exactly.

Very few tough huddles to jump in that job, acne may be a problem.

My MA lic renews every 3 years, 21 hours CE

My RI lic renews every 2 years, 15 hours CE (my MA CE counts)

My CT lic renews every year, 7 hrs CE every year, My other CE hours do not count.

But no one said I have to be, or should be:wink: an electrician.

Comment

So stating an opinion is now considered crying about something.

Wow Bob you must have gone through a serious amount of tissues.

Now quit yer complainin' about my complainin'
                    Last edited by electricmanscott; 11-09-08, 09:11 AM.
                    There are two kinds of people - those smart enough to know they donít know, and those dumb enough to insist they do.-----Margery Eagan

Open shop since 1988

Comment

Originally posted by electricmanscott View Post
                      So stating an opinion is now considered crying about something.
                      Sometimes. :grin:

Now lets be honest, your dishing it out straight in most of your posts, you have to be able to take it to.

Wow Bob you must have gone through a serious amount of tissues.
                      I shop at BJs Warehouse, get a great deal on bulk.

Now quit yer complainin' about my complainin'
                      I reserve my right to complain about your complaining about my complaining about your complaining. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_618 View Post
                        Between the ones that I wrote for myslef, for Mike Holt and for IAEI, I sent in 136.

I had a list of about six or eight that I never got around to writing up. Some of the info was argued here so I'm certain with 136 you've covered some of the same ground. :grin:
                        Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Comment

I sent in 10 or 11. Not quite sure because I sent one twice accidentally.

Originally posted by roger
                          I did not, there were really no issues that affect me that much. The biggest issue I have is the handle tie requirement in 210.4, and being that it was just passed I doubted it would get anywhere proposing it's removal.
                          That feeling is what prompted my delay (almost too late) in submitting any, or looking back at my notes to bother.

Comment

Time for more coffee

. . . I reserve my right to complain about your complaining about my complaining about your complaining. :wink:
                            :confused: HUH? :-?
                            Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis, Utility Power Guy

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                              :confused: HUH? :-?
                              He's trying to say that he empowers himself to complain about people who complain. :smile:

Comment

I sent in 8, but I am only counting it as 7, so there will still be a possibility that I can keep my perfect record. So far, 100% of my proposals have been accepted (all 1 of them)!

But of the 8 I sent in this time, 2 contradict each other. I mean they can't both be accepted, as they try to fix the same problem in two completely different ways. So if one of them is accepted, I will discount the fact that the other was even submitted, and will still have a chance for a perfect record. :grin:
                                Charles E. Beck, P.E., Seattle
                                Comments based on 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted.

Comment

Working...
                                X