PVC emerging under a deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3PO

just an installers POV....since the trench is already there, stay at depth till you hit the house, come up and LB in...

if they don't install the deck before they cut the electric line, it will be big problems...

jmho

It is going to be back filled so that the 4" cleanout is at grade level. That is why there is not an LB at the house, the conduit will be underground coming out of the house. it will just be a little shallow for the first several feet.

hardworkingstiff

2. If they run the conduit directly into the house, is duct seal or silicone acceptable for keeping the sewer gas out of the house?

I think this is a good question and needs some consideration.

just an installers POV....since the trench is already there, stay at depth till you hit the house, come up and LB in...

I can understand why an LB under the deck would be undesireable, especially if the deck boards are nailed instead of screwed.

Davis9

So they needed to use a 90 and an Lb, problem solved? I'm guessing the wires are installed now?

Tom

I missed page 3, so maybe like as stated, a couple 45's and a little concrete?

Last edited:

btharmy

None of this will even matter when the carpenters start drilling post holes for the deck and cut through both conduits. :grin: Isn't that the way it always happens? It does for me at least.

emahler

It is going to be back filled so that the 4" cleanout is at grade level. That is why there is not an LB at the house, the conduit will be underground coming out of the house. it will just be a little shallow for the first several feet.

ok...then i'm with Lou and the 45D to bring it down...if the footings were in, and the deck being built already, leave as is...

but since the code is not forward looking, and only deals with here and now (at least it's supposed to:grin:), what's to say they never put a deck in? and then your install is in violation...

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
After seeing the picture my thought is, one hot day of full sun and it will be half the issue it is now.:D They are going to be pouring concrete for the post of the deck it would be very little effort to put a few inches of concrete over the little bit of the run that comes up to close to the surface, that said from an inspectors point of view I don't think I would loose to much (if any) sleep over this since the deck over the top of the pipe is not going to allow a pick swinging Dwarf (or seven of them) to do much damage to the pipe.

M. D.

I would say once the deck is there ,.. there is no issue with the protection... But that separate post structure needs a disconnect:D:D

KevinVost

After seeing the pics, I'll revise my last post and opinion, IMO - does not meet 300.5. Why didn't they just run the pipe at 18", 90 up and LB through the wall???

M. D.

After seeing the pics, I'll revise my last post and opinion, IMO - does not meet 300.5. Why didn't they just run the pipe at 18", 90 up and LB through the wall???

Would that fitting be accessible ?? I wonder if this is on a slab?? If not I would have gone through at the proper depth regardless of a deck

Status
Not open for further replies.