outlet for neon light

Status
Not open for further replies.

surf more

can it be installed above a drop ceiling??i thought no,but i looked in nec and could not find anything----i think i overlooked this one..if someone could help me out!! me looked 210---600---300---406--410..it is com..building...

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Look at 400.8.

1019512720_2.gif

surf more

i agree ----very little---almost like i forgot it was even there----ehhhhhhh!!!!
i felt real stupid when you told me!!!!!!thanks again

Jim W in Tampa

Not entirely true, what about alarm system transformers which uses bell wire, or coax amplifier power supplies, where it uses coax as the load side coonductors? I know, I nitpick, sorry.

What i had in mind was something i saw in a night club. They had the flaming light fixtures that run on low volt transformer. The ones that the plug is the transforner and thin cord goes to fixture.

raider1

Staff member
What i had in mind was something i saw in a night club. They had the flaming light fixtures that run on low volt transformer. The ones that the plug is the transforner and thin cord goes to fixture.

If the thin cord is of a type listed in Article 400 then it must comply with 400.8. There is no exceptions for flexible cord that is used for "low voltage".

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.