problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaw0486

Ok i have a MCC that an engineer directed my company to feed a 120/208 3p 4 wire panel from. pulled the wire today and went to terminate and discovered that there is no neutral. Does anyone have any brilliant idea to make this work. Would a isolation transformer do it?

raider1

Staff member
Yes, you could install a delta to wye transformer and create a grounded conductor, or if it is possible see if you can run a neutral in the feeder to the MCC.

Chris

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Its' "above my pay grade" but there's a transformer configuration called a "zig-zag" that I've been told can do this more economically than a full size power transformer. Perhaps one of the transformer gurus here will expand on this. If not you might mention that to a transformer rep.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
does anyone know of a 208v delta to 208 y is this even possible

Absolutely, any transformer manufacturer can accommodate you, just tell them what you want.

These are actually catalog items.

Roger

nakulak

are you sure that what you have is a delta configuration ? it may be that you simply need to pull in a grounded conductor from the source ? (rather than create a new SDS just to get a neutral that is already there) perhaps a little more information would be helpful.

nakulak

did they pull a ground and is it metallic conduit ? (ie can you reidentify the gound as a neutral and use the conduit as ground ?)

shaw0486

if it is 3 phase 208 no neutral i can use a delta wye even if the service coming in to the basement of the building is wye transformer right?

Status
Not open for further replies.