support pic possible violation? Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
Just thought I would toss this out. I found this last week in a job I am working...sorry the pic sucks it was with my phone in a very dark area

IMG00065.jpg

dcspector

I know it is hard to tell but it is rigid laying on what I think is FMC.

It is a concrete plant and EVERYTHING is coated in dust.

Nasty stuff that dust. That does look like FMC supporting PVC. Good pic. Did you wear a mask? We wired up a conveyer in a stone quarry years ago and that dust made my nose bleed.

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Nasty stuff that dust. That does look like FMC supporting PVC. Good pic. Did you wear a mask? We wired up a conveyer in a stone quarry years ago and that dust made my nose bleed.

I know the pic suck but it is metal conduit without a doubt. You have to duck a little to get past it and I checked it out...(touching and tapping) got a better look at it than this pic shows. I attempt to wear the dust mask but as the day gets hot it inevitably comes off.

dcspector

I know the pic suck but it is metal conduit without a doubt. You have to duck a little to get past it and I checked it out...(touching and tapping) got a better look at it than this pic shows. I attempt to wear the dust mask but as the day gets hot it inevitably comes off.

Actually it is a good picture it's the darn dust. I know about wearing a mask after a bit it is around my neck or in the trash. There are definetly securing and supporting problems.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
That place looks like hell to work in, and I thought some of our onion/potato plants were bad...

You're definitely earning your pay...

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Looks like large MC cable to me.

I wouldn't try to argue against that point. I'm really not sure if it is MC or FMC

That place looks like hell to work in, and I thought some of our onion/potato plants were bad...

You're definitely earning your pay...

You got it right. Luckily all the wiring in that dungeon is now done.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Actually, this picture shows a good example of how FMC makes for a great support system. I think that someone should use this to put a proposal in to allow FMC as a supporting means for other wiring methods. ;):grin:
As long as you don't use the FMC as a raceway their is no code reason why you can't use it as a support:grin::grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.