Does your state require you have your license # on advertising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c2500

I am curious if the state you reside or work in requires license numbers to be printed on business cards, etc?

I am in South Carolina and they do not.

Thanks,

c2500

PetrosA

PA

PA

Pennsylvania requires the so-called "residential contractor" number for any trade that does residential work on anything that has your name, telephone number and could be construed as an advertisement (incl. truck, invoices, proposals, cards etc.). The law came into effect on July 1st 2009.

roy g

roy g

roy g

i carry license in ohio, Ky , and WV and they all require 3" Minimun lettering on trucks used in business as well as lic # on all advertising, or any paper work associated with business.
roy g.

220/221

AZ = yes

Licence number or "Unlicenced" on advertising including besiness cards and vehicle lettering.

Handyman clause allows anyone to do any work, unlicenced, up to $1000 total.

GUNNING

Love note from the state???

Love note from the state???

FL yes... on any offer of services. The exception is novelty items, uniform/Tee shirts, pens etc. . Evidently they dont see how I operate. They do want it on your web pages. I have the canceled check to proove it.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
GA= No for elec. contractors, yes for HVAC contractors.

I put my lic. number on my business cards, and usually on advertising just to make the point that i'm licensed.

c2500

OK, I have not heard from NC or TN yet. I am getting ready to write and suggest this to my state representative. The unlicensed people are really making a major push for work and I am tired of it.

c2500

Status
Not open for further replies.