Service Mast

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

DSC_0109.jpg

480sparky

Huh! never noticed that! its a weird reflection.:)

~Matt

I know.... that's what's weird. The lighting makes it look bent, but the OD of the pipe remains the same.

Not sure if the OP is looking for just masts, or if risers alone will work.

DSC05810.jpg

Last edited:

TOOL_5150

One of those ghost crimps.

i just went through a few of my newer pics, and they are all crappy quality. My camphone isnt that great at far back pics, so I rarely get the "whole picture"

I got a ton of panel pics though :)

~Matt

GSXR600

Would it be legal to use a piece of 2" IMC to extend my service head above the roof but just run SE cable through the conduit from the service head to the meter can?

220/221

Would it be legal to use a piece of 2" IMC to extend my service head above the roof but just run SE cable through the conduit from the service head to the meter can?

Here, no. No SE cable.

You'd have to ask your AHJ.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I wouldn't concider it a wet location unless it was under ground.

You would be wrong :). It is moot anyway since se cable is legal in wet locations.

Location, Wet. Installations underground or in concrete slabs or masonry in direct contact with the earth; in locations subject to saturation with water or other liquids, such as vehicle washing areas; and in unprotected locations exposed to weather.

220/221

what you cant use SE cable for service entrance?

Service conductors here are THWN etc. in IMC.

There is something about running unfused, exposed wiring in/on a building that doesn't seem right to us desert dwellers. :roll:

JohnJ0906

For the POCO here, yes. (Although ridgid is used, not IMC)
You need a bushing on the bottom, and the mast needs to be bonded.

Status
Not open for further replies.