Am I being too picky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

growler

The electrician was a little upset due to the fact I found several other violations and stated there would be a re-inspection fee.

he didn't have 1/2 of the first floor even pulled never mind made up and since this was a 5000 sqr foot house, thats quite a bit of work left to do.

A condition somewhere between "Chutzpah" and "Insanity". :D

Makes you wonder about some people.

Jim W in Tampa

I would seriously be looking into his license. Was this the master or 1 of his 1st year green helpers. I would send a copy of the pictures to the state. Not only are they violations but shows he has no clue of what he is doing. On return inspection i would pack a lunch and give him the inspection of his life.

electricmanscott

I would seriously be looking into his license. Was this the master or 1 of his 1st year green helpers. I would send a copy of the pictures to the state. Not only are they violations but shows he has no clue of what he is doing. On return inspection i would pack a lunch and give him the inspection of his life.

Agreed. I'd be happy to tag along for the re-inspection. ;)

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
I am getting the sense of a disconnect from reality here.

Look at the way the wires are made up; taking the time to dress the wires 'just so' shows serious pride of workmanship/OCD. But looking closely they are totally backward. Not only are the neutrals landed on the ground bus and the grounds landed on the neutral bus, but it looks to me like each ground has its own hole in the bus, and each neutral shares a hole (exactly backward).

I'm wondering if you have someone with lots of skills and a mental problem, rather than someone with few skills....

-Jon

hotwire1955

Interesting that in the two pictures taken one is before all the branch circuits
were connected the second after the connections were made, did the EC give you progress pictures of the job or did you take the pictures and if so did you mention the violations after the first picture was taken?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Interesting that in the two pictures taken one is before all the branch circuits
were connected the second after the connections were made, did the EC give you progress pictures of the job or did you take the pictures and if so did you mention the violations after the first picture was taken?

Without a doubt, in my mind, those are pictures of 2 different panels. This probably is a 400 amp service. The plywood to the left of the first picture has 5 knots in it. The other panel does not have any knots-- thus they must be different.

hotwire1955

Without a doubt, in my mind, those are pictures of 2 different panels. This probably is a 400 amp service. The plywood to the left of the first picture has 5 knots in it. The other panel does not have any knots-- thus they must be different.

Thanks,Good eye, next time I'll look better

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
I wouldn't say you are too picky. I think someone made a mistake on make up. Neutral bars are bonded to the case, grounds are on the neutral bar, neutrals are on the ground bar. Hope they have a little slack to remake the SE cable because the ground wire will be too short now.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Make him change it.
It gets old going on and on about trying to argue wrongs into rights.
you can wear your left shoe on your right foot and vice versa if you want to, but, everyone knows that's not the norm.

iwire

Staff member
What does this mean. Are you saying the manufacturer requires it? I didn't think the NEC required it.

All I mean is if you happened to have equipment that requires it then 110.3(B) will back that up. :)

I have seen GE disconnect switches that specifeid the use of the paste when AL conductors where used.

jimman

Looks like the silly stuff I have seen in far western nc.. Some of these guys out here would never make it in the real world. Good work to tag and give them a "reinspect fee" thank you!!!! How much is your "reinspect fee"?

Status
Not open for further replies.