Never in In all my days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If you want to get technical, you're also required to use listed PVC glue. I've only seen clear glue with the UL lable for electrical use; the stuff in the plumbing aisle has a different lable on it. The NEC makes no mention of PVC cleaners and primers. Personally, I'll switch between the 'thin' bodied clear glue and the 'medium' bodied gray (and not listed) glue depending on temperature and sunlight conditions; the clear stuff gives me more working time in the Summer.
To me, the Carlon gray electrical PVC cement is useless. I prefer the green-label Oatey heavy-duty clear cement.

davedottcom

But wait..there's more!

But wait..there's more!

DD001.jpg

This is another panel

DD002.jpg

Some of these are actually used for Air...

DD005.jpg

You can see an air valve on the bottom of the left conduit.
This is obviously an all purpose conduit we're looking at here!
I bet it even works for plumbing!!!

DD004.jpg

DD006.jpg

...follow the 4" pipe...

DD007.jpg

Luckily this box had a 3/4 ko... or this would have been a violation!

drive1968

I'd be curious to check the metal heat-exhaust pipe to see if there is some electrical wire in there also. He might have also utilized the A/C ducting. Why not?

elohr46

Yikes! Unbelievable. I know Mont. County well, most townships there are very strict when it comes to code issues and permitting. Do you know which township this was in? Possibly one of the rural farming areas.

TobyD

How in the world did anyone figure out how to do such a job.This is way over my head.I wonder what type conductors they used?I bet he used copper...cause it's better than that aluminum stuff.HMMM.I suspect he also used that kind of wire for "WET" locations .What a waste of time and material.Just because it works doesn't mean it's correct.

paul

It?s sad, but true. While some of us go through a five year apprenticeship, take local city journeyman licensing exams, and pay a yearly fee to keep a license, there are people out there who happen to have a pick up truck and a ladder and can call themselves electricians.

Why ya gotta be that way and treat us like lepers?

Status
Not open for further replies.