Starting *Now*: Forum Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Okay, folks. Joe has replaced hardware, upgraded the forum software to the latest version, and put the cherry on top. I am closing ongoing threads, and if there are any performance issues, please reply here.

Thanks!

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Seems pretty slow for me on the iPhone at the moment. Also has a weird lag to see what I am typing. I'm betting the new version ain't too mobile friendly, time will tell.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Yeah, I just ran a speed test and found my service is lousy right now. False alarm on my end. :roll:

Edit to add: I just changed the post background color back to white again. (postbit_background)

Last edited:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
did not work to well for me on the 1st try. Took a while for the "reply" window to open and "spell-checK" is not working.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
did not work to well for me on the 1st try. Took a while for the "reply" window to open and "spell-checK" is not working.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
It's zipping right along for me this morning!

Do me a favor, just to eliminate doubt - when you notice it's slow, check your connection speed at www.speedtest.net to make sure it's not on your end. I made that mistake last night, and this morning my connection speed was 10x faster.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
It's zipping right along for me this morning!

Do me a favor, just to eliminate doubt - when you notice it's slow, check your connection speed at www.speedtest.net to make sure it's not on your end. I made that mistake last night, and this morning my connection speed was 10x faster.

I always check other forums to make sure it is not my connection.

hurk27

Well at my speed I don't have much in the way of speed problems if I do it definitely on the connecting servers end:

And Comcast is running slow today, usally around 28 to 30mbps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.