Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

photo.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
From looking at the pictures, the cabinets look like there built with quality in mind. :p

Could you get the bottom left screw out? Of course, I have no idea how you are expected to do anything if you could.:blink:

stickboy1375

From looking at the pictures, the cabinets look like there built with quality in mind. :p

Could you get the bottom left screw out? Of course, I have no idea how you are expected to do anything if you could.:blink:

Only the middle screws were holding the panel cover on, the other four screws were inside the panel, I installed the top two when I left. :)

templdl

While it's not compliant, at least it looks nice and neat, and like an electrician did it.

That's why you do an excellent job just so the inspected is wowed and blown away by the quality and doen't even notice anything else. Who would ever want to sight a code violation?

iwire

Staff member
Beautiful!

I worked on one that was hidden behind the picture on the mantel of a fake fire place.

Once you pulled down the picture you had about a 12" x 14" hole to reach back about 18" to 24' to the panel.

I figured out if i went into the fake fireplace and stood up I could get inside and work on the panel.

While back there I found a stash of 'interesting' reading material dated from the early 70s. :D

GlennH

I can beat that, brick kitchen built in basement

window with ladder ,You can just see right edge of panel behind brick

and yes brick goes right up to left edge of panel, I dont think you could get a stubby screwdriver on the breaker screws,:thumbsdown:

I think the only way to get to the wires is to pull breakers out

Attachments

• elec panel.jpg
    elec panel.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I can beat that, brick kitchen built in basement

window with ladder ,You can just see right edge of panel behind brick

and yes brick goes right up to left edge of panel, I dont think you could get a stubby screwdriver on the breaker screws,:thumbsdown:

I think the only way to get to the wires is to pull breakers out

Again, this really appears to be fine, high quality work. You would think a builder or a homeowner that would do that quality of work would know better.

kwired

Electron manager
Again, this really appears to be fine, high quality work. You would think a builder or a homeowner that would do that quality of work would know better.

They are builders, not electricians.

Plumbers and HVAC are ok with access panels whether simple or decorative, why not electricians? At least there was access of some kind - right?

They don't care, they just please the homeowner.

Yes, and why spend an extra thousand or two to have the service moved?

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
That's why you do an excellent job just so the inspected is wowed and blown away by the quality and doen't even notice anything else. Who would ever want to sight a code violation?

While it's not compliant, at least it looks nice and neat, and like an electrician did it.

That was what my old boss preached. Make it look beautiful and they probably won't notice an insignificant violation. On one hand I think it's great advice. On the other hand, I think I'd rather have the inspector notice a problem that I could fix.

Money sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.