customer info

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackWork

I get a first name and phone number. I only give them my first name and the number of a prepaid cell phone that I got from Walmart and I change every couple months. In my trade we call them burners, it's not smart to keep them that long or else they may be abe to find you.

fmtjfw

I get a first name and phone number. I only give them my first name and the number of a prepaid cell phone that I got from Walmart and I change every couple months. In my trade we call them burners, it's not smart to keep them that long or else they may be abe to find you.

I always answer my phone with the phone number.:D

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist

You can't be serious.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Name, Last, Address, Email, Phone,
May ask for birth month so we can send them a birthday card.

They have my
first, last, address, phone, email, insurance agent # if requested.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Not a fan of repeat/steady customers? I guess word-of-mouth doesn't land you much work.

Rewire

getting email and a cell are two we want to always get we keep everything in our database. Getting birthdays and anaversary dates are great as nothing beats sending a card with your company info .Happy birthday from the crew at XXXX electric

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Name, Last, Address, Email, Phone,
May ask for birth month so we can send them a birthday card..
If you asked me for anything other than basic contact info I would politely find a way to end the conversation, if none were available I would hang up. Either way I would never talk to you again.

Getting birthdays and anaversary dates are great as nothing beats sending a card with your company info .Happy birthday from the crew at XXXX electric
Dude I just met you. Getting awfully smoochy for a first date.

Rewire

If you asked me for anything other than basic contact info I would politely find a way to end the conversation, if none were available I would hang up. Either way I would never talk to you again.

Dude I just met you. Getting awfully smoochy for a first date.

By the end of the conversation our customer care rep will have your pets name and she will have booked the service call and collected the service fee on a credit card. :lol:

Rewire

Your good. But I'm still not inviting you up to my apartment when you drop me off after dinner.

we go dutch treat on dinner, but seriously getting extra info usually happens during the service call just by making small talk you can get most folks to tell you things and sending an anaversary or birthday card to a past custoimer can really boost your top of mind presence.

Rewire

Less talk more work is all the tech would hear from me.
we dont work by the hour we flat rate so 97% of our customers are not looking at the clock and are friendly but their is always that 3% that are not interested in small talk.I learned not to base how we operate on the 3%.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I with some of the others, but then agian I'm not like a lot of other people either, but as soon as you ask for my cell number we're done.

You would be surprised the info a hacker could get with an name address, phone number and a birthdate or the amount of credit cards someone could apply for.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
getting email and a cell are two we want to always get we keep everything in our database. Getting birthdays and anaversary dates are great as nothing beats sending a card with your company info .Happy birthday from the crew at XXXX electric
When I am asked for that type of info by people that I don't think have a need for it, I most often end the conversation, but sometimes I just make things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.