wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

enireh

is there a single conductor direct buried wire? Can I buy just one conductor to be put in the ground? I need to add a # 6 for an existing three wire 200 amp service going to a residential sub panel

iwire

Staff member
is there a single conductor direct buried wire? Can I buy just one conductor to be put in the ground? I need to add a # 6 for an existing three wire 200 amp service going to a residential sub panel

What do you mean by add? How are the other conductors ran?

rippledipple

Occupation
Electrical contractor
uf wire

uf wire

no you can't,all feeders would have to be in same jacket or conduit etc.in case a fault occurs between any feeders!!!

enireh

wire

What do you mean by add? How are the other conductors ran?

they are in ser cable 150' of it. from outside they go through 2" pvc, under the house about 40' in the pvc stops and the ser continues on up into the panel, and its three conductor so I am adding a # 6 ground

they are in ser cable 150' of it. from outside they go through 2" pvc, under the house about 40' in the pvc stops and the ser continues on up into the panel, and its three conductor so I am adding a # 6 ground

You must not have SER. SER means three insulated conductors, and 1 bare conductor (five wire is available and also called SER). Maybe you have SEU?

Status
Not open for further replies.