Staple Gun recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricknola

Electrical contractor/Generac Dealer
Occupation
Electrical contractor.
Hey Guys, I do mostly commercial work, but in between projects I've got a residential job. I'm trying to find the best stapler for securing romex(type NM), to wood. I was thinking about purchasing a makita 18v cordless staple gun. Any suggestions? Thanks

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Attachments

• Dsc00542.jpg
    Dsc00542.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Dsc00543.jpg
    Dsc00543.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00544.JPG
    DSC00544.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00552.JPG
    DSC00552.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image_22437.jpg
    image_22437.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00574.JPG
    DSC00574.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00581.JPG
    DSC00581.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I've got a Gardner-Bender that works pretty well. It will shoot two different size staples, one for 14 and smaller, and one for 12, and I think 10. But I mainly use it in areas that are hard to get a hammer in.

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I use the arrow T-75 staple gun. With the two with 5/8" & 7/8" non insulated staples. I started using them first on remodeling jobs, it helped keep all that old dust from falling off the joists in my face.
I found the other brand with the insulated staples, the plastic insulation would crack in cold weather installations.
Where ever I can't insert the staple gun I go old school.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I used the gardner bender staple boss, mainly as working in a crawl its safer - no flying staples when you don't hit it straight. Sometimes the staples won't drive tight, a hammer taps fixes it. And the staples are insulated. Dewalt makes a battery stapler, and I am sure Milwaukee will have a M12 stapler soon.

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
T75 - did noticed after I passed 74 YO they are a lot harder to operate - have not tried a battery stapler as do not do much residential these days.
Last year after a few dozen wire runs had to quit for a rest or use both hands to operate :(

480sparky

I tried one. It was okay, supposedly required two staples at each point per UL, and wouldn't fit in tight places. I've thought of trying to adapt a palm nailer.

I've really gotten to like stackers in many situations:

Two staples required by Arrow, not UL.

And any staple gun can't be used in most of the places you show in your photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.