What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Are all 3 of those things prongs to plug into an outlet? Are the 2 on the left polarized (ie one blade wider)?
Does the odd prong on the right connect to either of the other 2?

NTesla76

Occupation
Electrics
Are all 3 of those things prongs to plug into an outlet? Are the 2 on the left polarized (ie one blade wider)?
Does the odd prong on the right connect to either of the other 2?
As far as I can tell, all of the prongs are the same size. The prongs aren't removable. I

480sparky

It's a device Leviton produced to test the function of TR receptacles. If you could push the two blades in but not the one, it's a TR.

PaulMmn

Occupation
If the 2 prongs on the left are to be plugged into a 120 v outlet, I can't see the prong on the right connecting to either of them...

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Ken got it correct. It is not connected to anything but merely a test of the TR receptacles. If the one prong side goes into the receptacle then the TR part is not functioning.

PaulMmn

Occupation
If you like strange things.... This isn't Leviton, but it's an interesting idea. I searched for Leviton Adapter, and this was in the mix.
7-way lightbulb expander.jpg They also make a 3-way and a 5-way adapter!

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
If you like strange things.... This isn't Leviton, but it's an interesting idea. I searched for Leviton Adapter, and this was in the mix.
View attachment 2551529 They also make a 3-way and a 5-
way adapter!

wow... I can just see someone getting this and putting 7 60 watt incandescent bulbs on that 60watt keyless socket..
I noticed on the picture the lights are led or CFLs

Status
Not open for further replies.