name of this bend, where discussed online, how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolHound

name for this bend, and how to do it, where discussed on this Forum or anywhere online, please (bend allows conduit to go over the ink pen , in other words allows conduit to go over another conduit run parallel alongside first condit)? picture attached.Thanks. IMG_20210221_162108280~2.jpg

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
With the two kicks chances are unless the kicks are huge one kick will hit the pen. Two offsets would be better, one up the other back down. I might have a photo somewhere. :unsure:

480sparky

How to bend it would depend on the size you're working with. ½ - 1" EMT, I'd just eyeball it. Maybe need two tries at it. Anything larger, or rigid, I'd revert to Plan B.

synchro

Occupation
EE
With the two kicks chances are unless the kicks are huge one kick will hit the pen. Two offsets would be better, one up the other back down. I might have a photo somewhere. :unsure:
I agree. Basically, you'd take a 90 degree bend and raise it up to a higher parallel plane so that it clears the other conduit by using an offset on each side of the 90 bend.

ToolHound

Thanks. The pen and the UTP wire are used just to represent conduit, and are both 3/4 inch EMT in the actual situation.

Russs57

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
It does remind of a bend that is used when you are making a 90 degree turn and transitioning from pipe vertically stacked on top of each other to pipe run horizontally next to each other.

I'm not an electrician and I find there is always a regional jargon. We called it a fan. Or you could do something like the attachment. conduit.jpg

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I have done similar when going over an obstruction at the bend. Mark 6 or 12 inches from corner, do 15 degrees each way, Then bend offset at short end. Adjust measurement as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.