How many of you are cordless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyou812

I just recently got the milwuakee M12 drill and sawzal , and light. I just sent away for my free impactor drill. The new small breed is perfect for many things and you dont need to bring out the "the big ragu" everytime you need to screw or drill something. Most of the tools fit in my pouch without to much trouble like if im on a ladder of something.

electricmanscott

Diggin up an older thread......

I have Milwaukee 18v tools. Drill/Hammer drill, circular saw, flashlight, hatchett sawzall, and radio :grin:.

The batteries stink. The tools themselves are fine.

Rather than replace everything I just ordered 4 new Lithium Ion batteries to replace the standard issue batts, and a new 3 bay charger.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-48-...ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1230474235&sr=1-4

515-bzhaI9L._SL160_AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-48-...f=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1230474235&sr=1-18

51pxVVbwRuL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited:

steelersman

Diggin up an older thread......

I have Milwaukee 18v tools. Drill/Hammer drill, circular saw, flashlight, hatchett sawzall, and radio :grin:.

The batteries stink. The tools themselves are fine.

Rather than replace everything I just ordered 4 new Lithium Ion batteries to replace the standard issue batts, and a new 3 bay charger.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-48-...ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1230474235&sr=1-4

515-bzhaI9L._SL160_AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-48-...f=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1230474235&sr=1-18

51pxVVbwRuL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
I don't own any Milwaukee's I use them everyday at the company I work for. My boss just recently picked up the lithium batt. drill. I like it better than the 18volt niCad in that it is lighter and actually shorter so it will fit into tighter places, however the battery doesn't seem to be as good as the niCad's. They die quicker and we already smoked one literally. It's toast. So I'm using the regular old niCad which is so much more reliable.

jrannis

Dewalt 18 volt same batteries fit the sawsall, impact, vaccuum and flashlight.
I look to either sending my batteries to voltman for rebuild or replace them every year. Well worth the money
I rarely use a corded drill

LBwIReman2

corded 5% cordless 95%

corded 5% cordless 95%

Even on small room additions, i dont bother to break out the 90 degree or hawg.

Couple years back we got the 36V DeWalt, and ouch!, hurt myself tough :D. It was being demo-ed at home cheepo w/ 20% off! Got the hammerdrill, sawzall, light and circular. The chuck gave out just under the 1 year warranty, it was a recall due to the torque it delivers. I used it for a 2- 9/16" hole for my 2" riser on a flush mount panel. Roof, decking, Sheetrock nailer plus rafter plate and top plate, it's easier to keep in a straight line than the corded stuff too. (By the way that was after a half dozen others just like it, before the factory recall had to happen).

As far as battery life, its great. doesnt discharge too much over time either.
Starting with a full battery, by the time its drained, Im ready for a 10 min break anyway ;)

tonyou812

millwaukee 18v nicad.

millwaukee 18v nicad.

My vote as best drill would go to the old school 18v nicade. The one that was made in Germany. It was a tank. And with the hammer it was perfect. The batteries lasted for a good while if you took care of them. And it would drill through wood like it was mad at it. But they changed it a while back, to the one they have now. I have become a big fan of their 12v series. Many times its all i need and I have the v28 as another drill. But I think the batteries are very sensitive. And they dont handle sustained use very well.

LBwIReman2

small stuff

small stuff

Ive had 18V dewalt, and 18V bosch. Positives and Negatives with both. 18V bosch drill died, sawzall kept breaking the head, but the jigsaw is a work horse. But im a makita man for screw guns. Santa didn't have the budget for the 18V Li, so im still stuck w/ the 14.4 NiMH 2.6 mA Hr. Battery life and tough. Ive used the regular 14.4 drill for 3/4 d-versabit use, with extension even!

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
As far as battery life, its great. doesnt discharge too much over time either.
Starting with a full battery, by the time its drained, Im ready for a 10 min break anyway ;)
The voltage discharge curve is amazing, too: it goes from full torque to dead in about 5 revolutions of the chuck. No warning.

billdozier

Glad Im not the only one who has noticed quick discharge in the new li batteries. I had the makita for about a year batteries started dying quickly then just wouldnt hold a charge. Bought a new battery but never got to really test it someone wanted it more than me I guess. Bought a hitachi 14.4 Had it for two days batteries didnt last at all. Brought it back got the 18 Ive had it a month so far no problems.

The voltage discharge curve is amazing, too: it goes from full torque to dead in about 5 revolutions of the chuck. No warning.
My V28 is the same way. Great tool.

Glad Im not the only one who has noticed quick discharge in the new li batteries. I had the makita for about a year batteries started dying quickly then just wouldnt hold a charge. Bought a new battery but never got to really test it someone wanted it more than me I guess. Bought a hitachi 14.4 Had it for two days batteries didnt last at all. Brought it back got the 18 Ive had it a month so far no problems.

I've had my V28 for just over 2 years now. I do not have any discharge issues. Milwaukee has a 5 yr warranty / 2000 charge warranty on their batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.