1-Gang Orange Plastic Old Work Standard Rectangular Wall Electrical Box Or frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
It sounds like you are describing one of these:

These were never permitted for line voltage use, and AFAIK are still permitted for low voltage work.

Jon

Elsiervo178

Occupation
Maintenance technician
This a picture that explains the use of this bracket for low voltage and other electronic services.
Internet, ethernet, cable, phone line etcétera etcétera.

carlon-boxes-brackets-sc100rr-a0_600.jpg

Understood. It’s a bracket for Ethernet, coax, A/V, etc.,
Does anyone know why the shelf for this item at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Menards, Ace Hardware or any other home improvement store is bare, and has been bare for some time.
I have not gone to electrical supply house or Grangers yet. Was just trying to figure out why it’s out of stock at the home improvement stores. Was guessing NEC weighed in on use of item for some reason. Only manufacturer seems to be Carlon

Thanks for any info. Much appreciated.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Does anyone know why the shelf for this item at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Menards, Ace Hardware or any other home improvement store is bare, and has been bare for some time.
I have not gone to electrical supply house or Grangers yet. Was just trying to figure out why it’s out of stock at the home improvement stores. Was guessing NEC weighed in on use of item for some reason. Only manufacturer seems to be Carlon

Shelves are just bare
You can use metal ones. That's what I've been using for a month now

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician

Same thing here. Home Depot especially. Lowe's has a little more stock

sw_ross

My local box store (Menards) looks like they’re closing out their electrical section with the shelves mostly bare!
I’ve pretty much stopped going there for supplies because most of my trips there have been a waste of time!

The supply houses have been a little better but still it’s hit or miss!
It’s hard to make money doing electrical work when you don’t have any material for jobs!

James L

Occupation
Electrician
My local box store (Menards) looks like they’re closing out their electrical section with the shelves mostly bare!
I’ve pretty much stopped going there for supplies because most of my trips there have been a waste of time!

The supply houses have been a little better but still it’s hit or miss!
It’s hard to make money doing electrical work when you don’t have any material for jobs!
it's also hard to make money if you find all the material but it's scattered around in six places.

Occupation
Electrician
Keep in mind with the covid lockdowns and/or company shutdowns factories have not been in operation and thus shortage of supplies. This is not just electrical but across all industries.

Status
Not open for further replies.