2 pole GFCI breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
I would like to check and see if a 2 pole GFCI breaker would work correctly on a multi-wired kitchen circuit.

You would lose use of all receptacles if the breaker tripped, which may or may not be an issue.

Occupation
Inspector
I just need some confirmation before I delve into a Kitchen where the customer wants to remove backsplash receptacles and install an angled plug strip that will not accept GFCI device.

There is no place to add a dead front/Faceless or GFCI's anywhere else. So GFCI breaker(s) it is. After looking at the panel I noticed that one of the breakers marked Kitchen was 1/2 of a MWBC. I'm not sure where the other half goes, so my question.

I think I know that a 120v GFCI breaker will not correctly so I was thinking that a 240v GFCI should work, just needed to bounce it off others, I work alone so everyone here is it.

Thanks

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I just need some confirmation before I delve into a Kitchen where the customer wants to remove backsplash receptacles and install an angled plug strip that will not accept GFCI device.

I think I know that a 120v GFCI breaker will not correctly so I was thinking that a 240v GFCI should work, just needed to bounce it off others, I work alone so everyone here is it.

Gotcha. Look to be sure they are TR receptacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.