2008 NEC Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Publishing date

Publishing date

This is my first post on this forum site so if I am in the wrong place please forgive me.

I would like to know when the 2008 Code will be published? Should I wait for it to come out or simply purchase a 2005 Code then look for significant updates when the 2008 book is out?

Thanks.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
avaiability

avaiability

Ken, I should be readily available by the last quarter of this year, however,
keep in mind, it has to be adopted by the local authority before it is pertinent.

celtic

Preacher said:
I would like to know when the 2008 Code will be published? Should I wait for it to come out or simply purchase a 2005 Code then look for significant updates when the 2008 book is out?

Thanks.
http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/product.asp?pid=7008SB&order_src=A471

NEW! National Electrical Code? Softbound 2008 Edition (NFPA 70)
Available Date: September 30, 2007
$75

Should you wait?
That depends....when will your area adapt the '08?
If your area has any "continuing education requirements" for master,licensed, etc...you will probably need an '08.

While you mull over these mysteries...you can view (no copy/paste or save features) this:
Online Access to National Electrical Code? Softbound 2005 Edition (NFPA 70)

Brady Electric

code book cover

code book cover

celtic said:
Like this one better?

nec2005aemsd8.jpg

Thats good. Semper Fi.Buddy

480sparky

I've heard there is a reason for the color.

What I've been told by a CMP member they take the 10 colors used on coding resistors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, white, grey, black and gold) and place them in a hat. One member pulls out a color, and that's the color of the next NEC.

megloff11x

I would think the 2008 NEC cover should show homeowners in barrels looking perplexed while holding an AFCI and the corporate salesmen running to the bank with gobs of money and gleeful looks would cover it.

I just saw a thing on another web site where OSHA wants to protect us from ammo by having the Wal-Mart employees do a TSA body cavity search for matches and lighters before approaching within 50ft of the gun counter and evacuating the whole store if there is a thunderstorm within 50 miles. There was also a bit about UPS having to hire extra drivers, have multiple fire extinguishers on hand, and alert the fire department before proceeding with a delivery of 22 rimfire or 30-06.

Thus the silly nanny state epidemic is running wilder than the 1918 flu.

I don't know how I ever survived growing up with no seat belts, riding in the bed of the pickup, drinking from a garden hose, not wearing a bicycle helmet while immitating Evel Kneivel, getting into BB gun wars, living in a house with leaded paint and two parents who chain smoked, eating runny eggs and lots of greaseburgers cooked in transfatty acids, and having the DDT spray every night to kill off the skeeters, amongst other horrors.

Have I been watching too many episodes of the X-Files or are they putting something in our drinking water to get us to fall for this baloney?

Matt

iwire

Staff member
megloff11x said:
I don't know how I ever survived growing up with no seat belts, riding in the bed of the pickup, drinking from a garden hose, not wearing a bicycle helmet while immitating Evel Kneivel, getting into BB gun wars, living in a house with leaded paint and two parents who chain smoked, eating runny eggs and lots of greaseburgers cooked in transfatty acids, and having the DDT spray every night to kill off the skeeters, amongst other horrors.

Yeah they where the good old days...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.