2020 Fire Fighter Disco 1 & 2 Family Dwellings 230.85

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO
Apples and oranges. That law was passed by elected officials. There is recourse if those officials pass something their constituents do not like.
As you can guess I happen to disagree with your position. The parallel is that if you dislike something you get involved and re-elect someone who is right for the job. If you believe the CMP Panels are overly flawed and corrupt then you get involved and determine how to help change what you feel is "corrupt". The fact of the matter is none of you serve on such a panel that I am aware of so your comments mean nothing to folks like me who actually do and know what it takes to be apart of the process and juggle the time constraints to be involved in such a process.

peter d

As you can guess I happen to disagree with your position. The parallel is that if you dislike something you get involved and re-elect someone who is right for the job. If you believe the CMP Panels are overly flawed and corrupt then you get involved and determine how to help change what you feel is "corrupt". The fact of the matter is none of you serve on such a panel that I am aware of so your comments mean nothing to folks like me who actually do and know what it takes to be apart of the process and juggle the time constraints to be involved in such a process.

Apparently you don't understand that some of us are working electricians who don't have the time to be on a CMP. Not all of us are paid by the industry and get to travel around the country and be unproductive while participating in CMP activities. So those of us still working full time have far more "time constraints" than you do.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Not all of us are paid by the industry and get to travel around the country... while participating in CMP activities.

That right there is what gives the appearance of corruption. It's a conflict of interest to have industry representatives as voting members. Period!

MasterTheNEC said:
If you believe the CMP Panels are overly flawed and corrupt then you get involved and determine how to help change what you feel is "corrupt".

This isn't the government or even a democratic process. The NEC is a private business and can do whatever they want. They are also a monopoly. They know it and manufacturers know it. Perhaps we need some other code writing organizations with more impartial thinkers to give them some competition. States can choose whichever one they want to adopt and manufacturers will go nuts trying to lobby them all. :lol:

-Hal

peter d

That right there is what gives the appearance of corruption. It's a conflict of interest to have industry representatives as voting members. Period!

Nice to see someone else affirm what I have been saying all along. :thumbsup:

This isn't the government or even a democratic process. The NEC is a private business and can do whatever they want. They are also a monopoly. They know it and manufacturers know it. Perhaps we need some other code writing organizations with more impartial thinkers to give them some competition. States can choose whichever one they want to adopt and manufacturers will go nuts trying to lobby them all. :lol:

-Hal

Exactly. A little free market competition would solve this problem right way.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician

Question. Can the general public vote CMP members out of a position?

MasterTheNEC

Occupation
CEO
Apparently you don't understand that some of us are working electricians who don't have the time to be on a CMP. Not all of us are paid by the industry and get to travel around the country and be unproductive while participating in CMP activities. So those of us still working full time have far more "time constraints" than you do.
Oh, that is what it is eh.....Give Me A Break...yeah you workaholic you......Yeah none of us run a large division in a company, do training around the country, teach online courses, also run an electrical company (as I do) and still find time to contribute....your classic excuses. You don't have any CLUE of my time constraints and for that matter, I don't see a lot of PI, PC, and Nitmams from you........So how active are you expect to whine on a forum

MasterTheNEC

Occupation
CEO
Question. Can the general public vote CMP members out of a position?
Nope and thank GOD for that due to so many haters in this forum alone....LOL......all folks to make it on the CMP are vetted by the NFPA and vouched for by the association they represent.

MasterTheNEC

Occupation
CEO
Nice to see someone else affirm what I have been saying all along. :thumbsup:

Exactly. A little free market competition would solve this problem right way.
LOL...get over it....ain't gonna change as those industry FOLKS are your industry experts.

MasterTheNEC

Occupation
CEO
OH I should add....maybe you just have Poor Time Management Skills because there are many GREAT fulltime electricians on the code making panels..Such as Scott Harding and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.