tdg

I have a question about bonding the equipment grounding conductors. I have 2 12-2 NM and 3 14-2 NM in a duplex non metalic box. Am I allowed to bond all EGC's or do I have to seperate the 12's from the 14's?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I have a question about bonding the equipment grounding conductors. I have 2 12-2 NM and 3 14-2 NM in a duplex non metalic box. Am I allowed to bond all EGC's or do I have to seperate the 12's from the 14's?
Only isolated ground conductors are permitted to be excluded from bonding all EGC's together in a box.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

I agree with Smart-- all the equipment grounding conductor's need to be connected together

tdg

Thank you guys. Another electrician and I were having this conversation.

tsamples

Bond them all

Bond them all

This was common in my jurisdiction before I got here. The first time I called it the electrician told me, "You can't bond 12 and 14 together. That creates a separate path to ground." My response was, "Show me where the code tells you not to bond them together." They've been bonded ever since.