3 switch cover plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowaine

Occupation
Electrician
I have an old house with 3 standard light switches stacked vertically in a single gang box. What type of cover plate is used for this and where can it be purchased?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
If there is room I would cut in a 3 gang box.

Go here for the plate

Bowaine

Occupation
Electrician
Thank you for the input. Unfortunately it's not a despard switch plate. The switch box itself is single gang but about 12" tall. I have a picture of it. I just don't know how to post it or if it's even possible.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
See if this helps posting a picture. You also may need a few more posts before you can actually post a picture

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician

kwired

Electron manager
OP said the box is 12" tall, so your idea won't work. Unless you change the box, then you would have to patch the wall.
I can't remember the name, but there is a site that will make any kind of wall plate you want.
But also said it is "single gang". Not sure what he actually has unless it is a large volume box of some sort with a "1 gang opening"

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Thank you for the input. Unfortunately it's not a despard switch plate. The switch box itself is single gang but about 12" tall. I have a picture of it. I just don't know how to post it or if it's even possible.
I think I know what you are talking about, three standard size switches, not side by side, but stacked top to bottom? That would be about 12". Couldn't find anything on the web, but may not be using the right search term. You probably will need a custom made plate for that. Seroiusly doubt anybody would have NOS on that.

kwired

Electron manager
I think I know what you are talking about, three standard size switches, not side by side, but stacked top to bottom? That would be about 12". Couldn't find anything on the web, but may not be using the right search term. You probably will need a custom made plate for that. Seroiusly doubt anybody would have NOS on that.
I seen a custom made box in a church built in mid 60's around here - probably 10-12 switches in same box in two rows with a custom made brass plate that covers it all.

480sparky

Until we can actually see a photo, we're all just spinnin' our wheels.

To post a photo, first resize it to no more than 800 pixels on the long end. Then:

MHPP1.jpg

Then

MHPP2.jpg

Drag the image from your File Manager to the gray "Drop image" area. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.