300.3(b)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

M. D.

Got a question for you,.. The other day I had to re-wire a 4 zone tankless boiler , one circulatro fed from the aquastat on the boiler the others from a taco control relay. I fed the taco control and then because this control was remote from the boiler , I ran the circulator (3 switched) wires over to a j-box on the boiler where I picked up the neutral for the circs. It is the same neautral just in a different spot the circs are only an amp each so there should be no problem there ... 300.3 may be ? you can see the control here page 90 tankless app.on the right.

Got a question for you,.. The other day I had to re-wire a 4 zone tankless boiler , one circulatro fed from the aquastat on the boiler the others from a taco control relay. I fed the taco control and then because this control was remote from the boiler , I ran the circulator (3 switched) wires over to a j-box on the boiler where I picked up the neutral for the circs. It is the same neautral just in a different spot the circs are only an amp each so there should be no problem there ... 300.3 may be ? you can see the control here page 90 tankless app.on the right.

I would say its a violation of 2008 NEC 300.3(B). it says ...'where used, the grounded conductor and all egc and bonding shall be within the same raceway...'

M. D.

I would say its a violation of 2008 NEC 300.3(B). it says ...'where used, the grounded conductor and all egc and bonding shall be within the same raceway...'

Yeah 'where used' Hmmm .. I kinda view the relays as a switch I don't always run the neautral to my switch ...

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
MD, I am not sure I follow you-- if you say have a feed from the same circuit in two 3 way switch location and the hot goes up to the light from one switch while the neutral goes to the light from the other three way location then this is a violation unless it is in NM cable. You will get emf's from this setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.