408.4 (B) Source of Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
This new rule requires the source of supply to be marked on switchboards and panelboards.

But the rules does not apply to fused switches, which are in Art 404. Was that an oversight or intentional?

Considering a code proposal.

This new rule requires the source of supply to be marked on switchboards and panelboards.

But the rules does not apply to fused switches, which are in Art 404. Was that an oversight or intentional?

Considering a code proposal.

The way I see it, it's to make it so you can tell right away where a panel is being fed from. Probably to help stop having to just start turning things off until you find the source.

I think the fused switch is being treated as more of a branch circuit application and not a feeder.

When it comes to having to do renovations, I would like to see labels on everything, but I know that's not going to happen.

marti smith

After reading the commentary on why it was revised, it appears that it is an oversight for fuses, as the premise of the reasoning relates to fuses (fused disconnects) in the same manner as it does to switchboards and panelboards, but yet they are in fact not included.

Status
Not open for further replies.