600 yard to pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Well to let you know, originally owner told me it’s an emergency and needs to get done. Now he either got someone else’s or is procrastinating. He said he would send me the current motor details yesterday but have not got them. He currently running off a generator.

Forgot to mention lol, this pump feeds a storage tank that then feeds an old subdivision about 10 houses. So they got to get approval from HOA before work

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
Well to let you know, originally owner told me it’s an emergency and needs to get done. Now he either got someone else’s or is procrastinating. He said he would send me the current motor details yesterday but have not got them. He currently running off a generator.

Forgot to mention lol, this pump feeds a storage tank that then feeds an old subdivision about 10 houses. So they got to get approval from HOA before work
I think you'll get a crazy early or late call saying "you coming out today or what" when no dates or prices have been decided lol

__dan

Yep, if they have to split the bill 10 ways each paying 10% the probability of that agreement happening and resulting is some very low number. If they are small seasonal lots it would be hard just to get them on the phone. Then not all will need the water right now. You would already know if that was the case.

I would guess, could be small lot cuts for lake seasonal cottages, 50 x 50 or 50 x 100, cut to sell for a few thousand in the old days. Would never happen today because of (you know, code, zoning, wetlands, Health Dept.).

So possible scenario. idk if the Health Dept would grandfather the raw lake source water for drinking. They may allow repairs but I doubt you could do your own new.

The repair scenario could be out the window because of the impossibility of getting 10 people to agree on anything. That's if they do not live there and need the water today.

So drilling your own potable well comes into view. But there are clearances from well to well and well to septic. So it becomes a race to drill first before your neighbor does and blocks you by no clearance for another well.

Fast forward to the future (this happens much faster now, the future comes faster). You drill and have water your neigh or does not and then no longer can. He either has no water or pays for a tap on yours. The lots with no water and no future water go from $50k to $5k or less and you buy them cheap at the fire sale price (divorce court price more likely). You have water and double your lot sizes over time cheaply.

Screw the town and live there year round, build what you want and make it nice for yourself. As long as you have water you can live there.

Drill first and ask questions later.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Yep, if they have to split the bill 10 ways each paying 10% the probability of that agreement happening and resulting is some very low number. If they are small seasonal lots it would be hard just to get them on the phone. Then not all will need the water right now. You would already know if that was the case.

I would guess, could be small lot cuts for lake seasonal cottages, 50 x 50 or 50 x 100, cut to sell for a few thousand in the old days. Would never happen today because of (you know, code, zoning, wetlands, Health Dept.).

So possible scenario. idk if the Health Dept would grandfather the raw lake source water for drinking. They may allow repairs but I doubt you could do your own new.

The repair scenario could be out the window because of the impossibility of getting 10 people to agree on anything. That's if they do not live there and need the water today.

So drilling your own potable well comes into view. But there are clearances from well to well and well to septic. So it becomes a race to drill first before your neighbor does and blocks you by no clearance for another well.

Fast forward to the future (this happens much faster now, the future comes faster). You drill and have water your neigh or does not and then no longer can. He either has no water or pays for a tap on yours. The lots with no water and no future water go from $50k to $5k or less and you buy them cheap at the fire sale price (divorce court price more likely). You have water and double your lot sizes over time cheaply.

Screw the town and live there year round, build what you want and make it nice for yourself. As long as you have water you can live there.

Drill first and ask questions later.
I new I liked you lol

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
Also just cause some government agency makes a rule up does not mean it’s a valid rule that you need to comply with.
It’s are job to tell them we’re to stick it so they don’t run slowly take away are freedom
Take it to court. If I ever get rich I would take so many arbitrary rules to Oregon Supreme Court.

You are sounding like you are overdue for a reeducation program

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Well he just called and wants to fix the bad splice. He can’t run the generator unintended because of fire season
Told him I am not touching it, he said another ec found a bad splice a couple years ago. I told him to call him I don’t want a that liability.
He said I can still bid the job when ever they fix it. So now it looks like there just going to do the cheap ass way.

Status
Not open for further replies.