A Little Help Concerning "Service Magic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I think I remember some threads on here about the Service Magic Co. Without me searching the old threads, would someone help me with some of the pros & cons that might be associated with them. I had a message from them today but I haven't called them back.
Thanks

renosteinke

Well, here's something to consider ...

I have never had any dealings with Service Magic as a contracotr ... haven't even heard their sales pitch. But ...

When my parents had their finished basement flood, the insurance agent pointed them to SM, and another firm. The first contractor arrived promptly, with all the proper equipment to begin the clean-up. The company had its' act together, everyone looking spiffy in the company shirts, etc.

Water removed, basement dried out, the arrival of the following contractors was seamless. For an unplanned job, scheduling was perfect. Work, and contractor practices, continued to be on the same professional level.

Indeed, the job didn't begin to 'go south' until my parents said "we'll take it from here." That's when amateur hour began.

So, now, we begin with the 'Big If's:"

IF every SM sub operates this way;

IF every SM schedules this well;

IF every job is a 'sure thing; and,

IF payment is always so certain ..... it might be a good deal for all involved. Maybe.

Please note that the various subs all practiced a form of business most here do not: They had the nice uniforms. They had professional paperwork. They had real work trucks, relatively recent models, in good shape. Their prices were .... well, no effort was made to reduce the customers' expense. SERVICE was provided, in spades. Indeed. pricing seemed to be largely 'a la carte,' with a set fee for each piece of equipment taken off the truck, and the time it was used.

scook56

Service "anoying" Magic

Service "anoying" Magic

A " client/friend" sent my name to SM. This started a flood of calls to me .
Listened to their sales pitch. Okay, until I was required to send them a fee
for "guaranteed leads" at my cost. No thank you.

~ 6 months/2X week calls from SM. You decide.

Rewire

You have to respond fast .like the minute you get the call fast. you are not the only electrician getting the call. I used them and did land work but the tire kickers and dead ends were annoying. They would offer my next lead free when i complained . when it was three dead ends in a row i dropped out. If times were slow I would probably use them again.

John120/240

You have to respond fast .like the minute you get the call fast. you are not the only electrician getting the call. I used them and did land work but the tire kickers and dead ends were annoying. They would offer my next lead free when i complained . when it was three dead ends in a row i dropped out. If times were slow I would probably use them again.

Yes times are slow, but not that slow.

GUNNING

SM yuk..just yuk

SM yuk..just yuk

Its bad enough when times are slow, but why defend against someone you pay for sales leads. Its not a good way to expend emotional energy saying no to sales calls a couple of times a week. Their BIG hook is "we have several leads in your area" which translates into "State". :dunce:

Spend the money on internet advertising or Google adwords. At $50 a lead that translates into 25 clics of someone looking for and at your name and directed to your web site.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
Google search

Google search

Here's the links to the forums dealing with it.

http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=139608
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=131798
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=110224
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=91976
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=84348

Below are the google results.

Have you ever got a call from Service Magic?
forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=139608
10 posts - 10 authors - Last post: Sep 9
Hey I got a call from a company called Service Magic. They are suppose to give me leads on local renovations (electrical) etc.
Get more discussion results

Service Magic, Inc, a Lead Developer website
forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=131798
22 posts - 8 authors - Last post: Dec 1, 2010
Has anyone had dealings with Service Magic, the website that develops and sells leads to various skilled-trade contractors, ...
Service Magic - Mike Holt's Forum - Mike Holt Enterprises
forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=110224
4 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Feb 13, 2009
Is anyone using this service? If so can you share your experience with me please. Thank you.
more questions about service magic
forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=107318
2 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Dec 1, 2008
long story short, i had a bad experience with service magic a year ago. i never signed up with them, but we had many conversations where i ...
forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=91976
10 posts - 8 authors - Last post: Nov 1, 2007
Has anyone ever used web sites like Service Magic? What was your experience with them? Frank.
Service magic - Mike Holt's Forum - Mike Holt Enterprises
forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=84348
5 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Feb 27, 2007
Can anyone give me their ideas or experiences with service magic? I seem to have seen good and bad reviews in another thread and I have not ...
Speaking of service magic
forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=95628
Feb 10, 2008 ? Speaking of service magic, are they any good? I get a phone call once in a while from them asking me to join. Anyone registered with them? ...
forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=113517
10 posts - 6 authors - Last post: May 5, 2009
I got contacted by Service Magic today. Anybody have any experiences with this referral company?
forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=54646
10 posts - 9 authors - Last post: Sep 9, 2006
I tried service magic for 1 month and couldn't wait to cancel my membership. I signed up for 15 leads that were sent to me via my cell phone ..

Status
Not open for further replies.