A question about resumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Keep your resume short and sweet. Most of the same information that you include on your resume will be the same stuff they ask for on your job application. By short and sweet I mean, ten years of back employment should be fine. Always let them contact your previous employer, saying no sends up red flags, unless you're still employed and trying to see what's out there.

List any certs you have and list your volunteer activities as well. If you coach Little League, tell them, you don't want to find out that you have to work till 5:00 every night and your boss isn't going to give you the time off.

Leave off all of the clich?s, "fast learner", "self starter", "highly motivate"...

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I've done lots of other things too. 1st started electrical in 1976, did it 2 years, went to school, worked various other jobs. Started back in the 90's. As time went on, I downsized my other stuff to something like "3 years in retail management and 11 years in customer service". That lets people know you're well rounded and they can ask for details if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.