A rant......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Besoeker

We subscribe to a service that gives us utility and public sector projects that are required to be listed in the Official Journal of the European Union.
Every day we get an email with maybe a dozen or more notifications. It's then a question of wading through these to determine which are worth pursuing. Simple you might think? Far from it.

Here's a small excerpt from one....

I.4) Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting
authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1) Description
II.1.1) Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
Provision of 2 High Resolution Additive Manufacturing Systems.
II.1.2) Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of
performance
Supplies
Purchase
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance:
LSBU, ***********
II.1.3) Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a
dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.5) Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Supply and Installation of 2 High Resolution Additive Manufacturing
Systems.
II.1.6) Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7) Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
II.1.8) Lots
This contract is divided into lots: no
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1) Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.4) Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2) Conditions for participation
III.2.1) Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements
relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements
are met: Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender: 1.
Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once)
- Browse to the eSourcing Portal: https://l*******.co.uk and
click the link to register - Accept the terms and conditions and click
?continue' - Enter your correct business and user details.............

And on and on..........
About 1200 words...........and all I want to know at that stage is what the enquiry is actually for..
I can get more information but this will require jumping through hoops backwards from providing my inside leg measurements, my mother's maiden name, my favourite pet, a list of all who would be dealing with the project, their qualifications..........

mgookin

Our main customers are units of government, Fortune 500 companies and public utilities - all very large organizations. Of course we have to be a registered vendor to do business with them and all registered vendors get those procurement notices. I'll admit ours are a little less bureaucratic (just a little) and a little more informative (just a little) but not a whole lot better. Usually we get a title of the procurement and then a paragraph which we can find pretty quick. There's plenty of that other stuff you're showing but I seriously doubt anyone reads it!

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Looks to me the entity required to list the project is doing just enough to comply with the requirement yet obfuscate the details intentionally, to pursue their own agenda.

Besoeker

Our main customers are units of government, Fortune 500 companies and public utilities - all very large organizations. Of course we have to be a registered vendor to do business with them and all registered vendors get those procurement notices. I'll admit ours are a little less bureaucratic (just a little) and a little more informative (just a little) but not a whole lot better. Usually we get a title of the procurement and then a paragraph which we can find pretty quick. There's plenty of that other stuff you're showing but I seriously doubt anyone reads it!
Well, I didn't post the whole thing because I thought the mods might not have approve of such a lengthy post.

The real fun begins when you register an interest. I was only half joking about the inside leg measurement business.
You have to deal with the PQQ, the pre qualification questionnaire. Reams and reams of questions all of which have to be completed. Typically three years of audited accounts, customer reference lists, customer contacts, quality policy accreditation statements, environmental policy, safety, ethics, organigram and so on.

You have to get past that before you get to the ITT stage. Invitation to tender. And you might not even get that if the PQQ was was deemed unsuitable.
So you could do all that up front work and yet not get a chance to bid the job. It makes you very selective about which ones you pursue.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Don't panic.

They forgot the decimal point.

it was 420.000000

i fixed it for you.

the web site is obviously 420 friendly.

spark one of those up, get a plate of
cookies, and a glass of milk, and wade
in..... bid like crazy, and if you don't
like how it turns out, claim your account
was hacked, and retract the bid.