AFCI In Bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSDriver

Occupation
Electrician
Note that the original print of the 2020 handbook had an error in 210.12(A). An errata (correction) was issued on Feb 6, 2020 to correct that language and include all the rooms just like the regular code book has. I'm sure subsequent print runs and the online version have this correction already incorporated in it.
Thanks for that info. My version I just bought a month ago was not fixed. :(

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I still want to see ANY test that shows an AFCI working that is not tripping on GFCI or with the help of a special machine that boosts voltage higher than utility voltage to trip an AFCI.

I have seen many receptacles burned and melted on AFCI circuits that weren't tripped
FWIW:
I have found that on a few trouble shooting occasions that the AFCI breaker was tripping under arcing conditions.

kwired

Electron manager
FWIW:
I have found that on a few trouble shooting occasions that the AFCI breaker was tripping under arcing conditions.
I haven't run into one that I am confident was tripping because of arcing yet. Had a melting down receptacle (heater was plugged into it) recently that I first thought I seen my first AFCI trip due to such conditions, but continuity test showed that it had developed a ground fault - so most likely was tripping on GFPE function.

Status
Not open for further replies.