AI to help prevent illegal construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
Not at all. I've seen him myself at a couple of sites in NJ.

Giant-inflatable-rat_crop.jpg
Wowzers. Sure wish i could read what the signs say...
If you really think this through, its kinda odd. Imagine those 2 guys spending another day at the hall, finally getting marching orders. With pay. And the sensei from tmnturtles... splinter, right?
My grandma was always steamed i didnt join but she got over it...

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Wowzers. Sure wish i could read what the signs say...
If you really think this through, its kinda odd. Imagine those 2 guys spending another day at the hall, finally getting marching orders. With pay. And the sensei from tmnturtles... splinter, right?
My grandma was always steamed i didnt join but she got over it...
The picketers are not paid around here, and not sure if paying them is permitted under the labor laws.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
around here they get strike pay.
If you are actually on strike, you would get strike pay...these are informational pickets and you typically do not get strike pay or any other compensation in the Chicago area...in fact you typically lose a day's pay when you are called on to picket a non-union job.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
If you are actually on strike, you would get strike pay...these are informational pickets and you typically do not get strike pay or any other compensation in the Chicago area...in fact you typically lose a day's pay when you are called on to picket a non-union job.
As I recall, you only get strike pay if you actually walk the line.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
As I recall, you only get strike pay if you actually walk the line.
Only if you are actually on strike...typically the rat is not used in an actual strike...it is used in an informational picket. There is no pay for walking the line on an informational picket...at least not around here.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Only if you are actually on strike...typically the rat is not used in an actual strike...it is used in an informational picket. There is no pay for walking the line on an informational picket...at least not around here.
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. And yes, I think anytime I've seen the rat, it's been an informational picket.

@Ramsey
Are you here as a Karen to solicit more Karens? I have to wonder if you even hear yourself (Spy, Weaponize, Surveillance Drones). Your OP reads as if we should become the United States of China. Like @hbiss says, who cares, do your job. Go install your AFCI's, cash your check and go home. I am curious as to how long you sit at stakeouts with your binoculars and police scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.