Another Clueless Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardworkingstiff

heres a cost cutter I am working on. I am trying to determine the minimum amount of fuel to have in the tank of the service vans based on average daily milage of the van factoring in the time costinvolved in refueling and the MPG rating of the van.. Filling the tank adds weight so finding the optimum amount of fuel will decrease the weight and help to increase milage which will translate into savings or thats the idea.

I think you are wasting your time being an EC, you should be a consultant for cost saving ideas. :grin:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
heres a cost cutter I am working on. I am trying to determine the minimum amount of fuel to have in the tank of the service vans based on average daily milage of the van factoring in the time costinvolved in refueling and the MPG rating of the van.. Filling the tank adds weight so finding the optimum amount of fuel will decrease the weight and help to increase milage which will translate into savings or thats the idea.
Here's one more thing to consider: the time, including travel, that the vehicle is out of service being fuelled, the extra mileage driving to and from the gas station, the wear and tear for those extra miles, and the extra time the employee is on the clock but not being productive. (okay, so it's more than one thing)

So, waddya think now? ;)

Material buying Customers

Material buying Customers

It's the basic policy, you provide the materials you inherit all warrenty issue's some labor time is added for sifting through what you could use from their material pile. Some customer's are okay with this, fortunatley most are willing to let you take care of all of the project at a fair marketable price.:cool:

lbwireman

Something that tends to amaze me is everyone thinks about taking classes in upgrading their trade qualifications, be it code courses, electronics etc... but very few think of taking a course in sales as a natural part of the trade. It is not only a natural part but in truth a very intergate part of the trade today. I mean this not only for the owner and estimators of the company but also the guy in the service truck, if you know how to sell your service/product then you can compete with anyone including the low-baller.
I myself had the Dale Carnegie course in sales ( about 25 years ago) and it has been something I use in business (even when I was on the service truck) to today. I know what I market today is not the lowest cost item on the market and I don't go about promoting it as such I promote it using other methods. When I talk on the phone to a client they feel that they are really important to me and I care a lot, which I do and I believe many of you do to only I learned how to show it to the client without them thinking I am doing it on purpose.
Think at time about educating yourselves and your people in methods of educating your clients.

I don't remember where I heard this but it seems to sum up our perception of, and approach to, our clients nicely. "They won't care how much you know, until they know how much you care."

Status
Not open for further replies.