Anybody have any pics of nm-b running board install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshunk

peter d said:
Here's where the regional distinctions come into play. Since 99.99% of the time we use insulated staples for NM cable here, we refer to the uninsulated staples as "BX staples" or "MC staples"
I call the insulated staples "Maryland staples", since that's the only place we need to use them. Oh, and for co-op students. :D

stickboy1375

peter d said:
Here's where the regional distinctions come into play. Since 99.99% of the time we use insulated staples for NM cable here, we refer to the uninsulated staples as "BX staples" or "MC staples"

I just remove the blue insulator and make my own MC staples. :D

peter d

stickboy1375 said:
I just remove the blue insulator and make my own MC staples. :D

I've done that. Only problem is the length of the SN-40I is just a bit short for the larger sizes of MC Tuff cable, so I use the Briscon SN-100.

TOOL_5150

I used to use "romex staples" on MC. But the staples I bought were cable staples and mc is a cable... so it works. Never once was I tagged by an inspector about it either. 9/16" staples.. not 1/2" though.

~Matt

peter d

TOOL_5150 said:
I used to use "romex staples" on MC. But the staples I bought were cable staples and mc is a cable... so it works. Never once was I tagged by an inspector about it either. 9/16" staples.. not 1/2" though.

The Briscon SN100 ones that we use here in New England are 9/16" wide by 1 1/4" long. They can bend over pretty easily if you are nailing into petrified wood in old buildings, but they hold tight and are very difficult to pull out.

Status
Not open for further replies.