Anyone experiencing Eaton delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
It’s been three weeks, and my supplier still can’t give me an eta on two transferswitchs I ordered. They are going on two poultry houses, and I only have a six week window to put them in. After that, they will be full of chickens, and with this heat, I will not be able to shut down the fans.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Was told by SH that the Millbank 400A M/D was 2 and 1/2 months out.
100 and 200 meters mostly missing of big box shelves.
SH can't even get me a time line for Eaton BR or CH panels had a couple of 100s CH but can't get 200s. They have BR breakers back mostly but no CH breakers.
SD is no better in big box. No SD distributor in area, and no Siemans either, plenty seem to be available on line for Siemans though.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I was fortunate to get ahead out ahead on the back orders before I actually needed the stuff. I order stuff through Menards online and was notified immediately of the back orders. I don't remember if it was February or March.

In the last month or so, I've had about a dozen breaker panels come in, 100 amp and 200 amp Eaton BR. I found a whole swath of BR breakers on eBay and now I have those running out of my ears. Tandem 15 and 20, and also single pole 15 and 20. 200-amp five jaw meter cans by Eaton, I just got 6 in the other day.

I'm sitting pretty for the whole summer I think

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I was fortunate to get ahead out ahead on the back orders before I actually needed the stuff. I order stuff through Menards online and was notified immediately of the back orders. I don't remember if it was February or March.

In the last month or so, I've had about a dozen breaker panels come in, 100 amp and 200 amp Eaton BR. I found a whole swath of BR breakers on eBay and now I have those running out of my ears. Tandem 15 and 20, and also single pole 15 and 20. 200-amp five jaw meter cans by Eaton, I just got 6 in the other day.

I'm sitting pretty for the whole summer I think
Would you loan me a 200A underground meter base?:)

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
One man shop so I don’t deal with many meters but the struggle is real when looking for BR breakers of any ampacity. Sometimes it takes hitting 3-4 stores in my area before I can get every breaker needed.

JDC

Occupation
Electrician
Lots of generac delays. Had issues getting eaton breakers randomly. Like all of a sudden no 15amp or 20 amp breakers. Ive had luck shopping around though seems the corporate offices of some of these suppliers have been playing cat and mouse with material.

follybeacher

Occupation
Estimator
curious, how do yall hold vendors accountable for lead times on their quotes. they’re not bound by a subcontractor agreement nor are they tied to the schedule durations you have with your client, yet can directly impact your ability to deliver. any slick ways of mitigating risk?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
curious, how do yall hold vendors accountable for lead times on their quotes. they’re not bound by a subcontractor agreement nor are they tied to the schedule durations you have with your client, yet can directly impact your ability to deliver. any slick ways of mitigating risk?
You can't. The distributors have no control over when the suppliers ship and the suppliers have their own supply problems.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child

You should have force majeure protections in your contract. If not, that’s on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.