Available Fault Current Sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfactor2

Any one in south Florida know where I can have AFC sticker produced. Durable and specific to location, calculation, date? Only need once in awhile. Printing shops I’ve contacted have minimum orders. Don’t think I can use the same calc on every job?

kwired

Electron manager
Most general purpose label making machines work fine.

NEC doesn't give much for specifications on the label other than - The field marking(s) shall include the date the fault-current calculation was performed and be of sufficient durability to withstand the environment involved.

Indoor dry locations most any adhesive label will be sufficient. Outdoors probably at least needs to be moisture resistant, sunlight resistant if on exterior surfaces.

Dzboyce

Occupation
Washington 03 Electrician & plumber
Look at the apple App Store for the CooperBussman Available Arc Current Calculator. It will do the calculations and the prepare a pdf label that can Lee printed on your printer. I print it to a Brother QL-700 label printer

MrJLH

Any one in south Florida know where I can have AFC sticker produced. Durable and specific to location, calculation, date? Only need once in awhile. Printing shops I’ve contacted have minimum orders. Don’t think I can use the same calc on every job������

I've had luck with electric supply vendors like Rexel.

pfactor2

Look at the apple App Store for the CooperBussman Available Arc Current Calculator. It will do the calculations and the prepare a pdf label that can Lee printed on your printer. I print it to a Brother QL-700 label printer
That’s the app I’m using and used to produce calculation for permitting.
I’m not able to produce a outdoor durable sticker is my problem. Not interested in buying a expensive label maker since I’ve only needed three of these in the last three years. Any suggestions.

Sunny_92

I’m not able to produce a outdoor durable sticker is my problem. Not interested in buying a expensive label maker since I’ve only needed three of these in the last three years. Any suggestions.
Get some waterproof Avery Labels and print on them with you normal printer. Might not hold up to the elements very well, but it's a cheap option.

Also, I believe https://www.graphicproducts.com/ will provide custom printed labels.

kwired

Electron manager
What do you consider expensive? Brother P touch series labelmakers work pretty good and are pretty weather resistant labels, and you may even find other things to use it for. Some models are not all that expensive IMO. Just looked and Amazon had one for only $25. Some of the tape cartridges cost more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.