Band width

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
"Rise Broadband" the provider by any chance?
No, Prairie Hills Wireless. They’ve been around 8-10 years. Responsive and I’ve had techs out on the roof correcting problems before I knew there was one. They called me when the shop was down a month ago. I had power off due to the flood threat.

it may be time to use one of their routers to see if something changes.

kwired

Electron manager
No, Prairie Hills Wireless. They’ve been around 8-10 years. Responsive and I’ve had techs out on the roof correcting problems before I knew there was one. They called me when the shop was down a month ago. I had power off due to the flood threat.

it may be time to use one of their routers to see if something changes.
Local company? I had good luck with local companies. Rise happened to buy out one I was already using. Service went downhill after that. Not that we didn't have issues at times before, but they were resolved in better manner.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
PHW stopped by my shop today, told me to buy a new wireless router for here. It is old. The wireless part is the first that fails and recycling helps for a bit but then they go toes up again. He said buy the cheapest because they all will be lucky to last two years anyway. Regardless of price. He checked my home problem while in route to here. Hopefully he puled over somewhere. That has a radio issue and maybe router. They will have someone there in the morning.

I sent them an email just about 11 this morning.

kwired

Electron manager
PHW stopped by my shop today, told me to buy a new wireless router for here. It is old. The wireless part is the first that fails and recycling helps for a bit but then they go toes up again. He said buy the cheapest because they all will be lucky to last two years anyway. Regardless of price. He checked my home problem while in route to here. Hopefully he puled over somewhere. That has a radio issue and maybe router. They will have someone there in the morning.

I sent them an email just about 11 this morning.
Kind of been my experience as well.

Also if you set your new router with same network settings as your old - in particular network names, passwords, IP address settings, etc. you won't have to reset network settings on some of your other devices that way - they won't even know you changed the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.