Basic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

I got mine just because I had a couple c-notes in my pocket. Didn't have a specific job intended for it, but within a week it paid for itself. Now, I can't live without it.

Once you get one, be sure to pack an extra 4 AA batteries in the case. It doesn't have auto-shutoff, and I've found it dead on occasion, even after being careful to turn it off. Seems mine mysteriously turns on while riding around in the truck.

I looked at rigids' website, and it looks like they added a video out port. Hmmmm.

220/221

A simple 1/8'-1/4" hole in the ceiling, an inch from the wall to avoid the backing, is the best solution if you don't have a good reference point.

Start the hole with your flat blade trim screwdriver and finish it with a cut off fistape long enough to clear the insulation. If it is a whitish ceiling, no one will ever see the spackled/caulked hole if you don't smear it all over.

If you do have a reference point to measure from, look for the stud nails if it is a single top plate wall.

quogueelectric

jmsbrush said:
I have a job coming up and my helper will be off that day, There is no way to reschedule. I need some suggestions please.

The job is in a residence. I need to install some can lights and a switch. The ceiling's are around 10'. On the wall that I need to cut in a switch, I was wondering if there were any tricks that you would use when you are in the attic to know exactly where to drill the hole down to go into the wall?

Most of the time I would drill a small hole where the wall and ceiling meet the poke a wire up. Then I would find the wire and move over and drill the hole.

The home is new and the home owner is very watchful.
Any suggestions?
buy a dversibit and a placement tool cut the hole and drill up through the plate tie the wire on the bit and pull the wire down. Dont cheap out on the placement tool or you will be buying spacklers and painters services.

Status
Not open for further replies.