Behind the scenes of my "First Post!!!" thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreamlineGT

Here's a couple other things I have made for the van recently....

A drill holder, so I don't have to fumble with cases.

VanBuild005.jpg

It is mounted on the side of the white drawers inside the side door.

MVC-299F.jpg

I also made a battery holder mounted above those same white drawers. It holds 4 batteries, and with 2 in the drills, makes a half a dozen batteries on hand at all times.

VanBuild.jpg

I have all the chargers set up in my office, with another half a dozen batteries in them. Swapping them out makes it easy, I am never without charged batteries.

GaragePanel.jpg

Last edited:

480sparky

Streamline.... you're in the wrong business.

You should set up a custom work van shop! ;)

I'm still working with this kind of truck:

1927WiringABsmall.jpg

wireguru

j_erickson said:
I don't know of any other way to get reliable internet access while on the road. It's $59/ month for the aircard which is reasonable IMO.

i have a blackberry from tmobile. i have it set up where i plug the blackberry into my laptop and can use the internet that comes with the blackberry service. its pretty fast and i dont have to pay any additional fees.

CBL

wireguru said:
i have a blackberry from tmobile. i have it set up where i plug the blackberry into my laptop and can use the internet that comes with the blackberry service. its pretty fast and i dont have to pay any additional fees.
Thanks, This looks like a good way to go...So do you use the lap top more like a monitor and type on the blackberry or is it only using the signal from the Blackberry? How much does t-moble charge for the internet service? Thanks, JB

guschash

Nice. Looks comfortable too. I have been thinking about credit cards but right now I don't if I want to accept them. I'm not that big.

LawnGuyLandSparky

guschash said:
Nice. Looks comfortable too. I have been thinking about credit cards but right now I don't if I want to accept them. I'm not that big.

Big mistake. Smaller residential customers are more apt to prefer using credit cards (even if it's actually an ATM debit card) than pay cash or check. A company that accepts VISA and Mastercard, and uses thier logos, seems "legitimized." Further, you would be suprised how much people will spend when it doesn't actually drain their checking account immediately.

This isn't you father's Oldsmobile... people today do not save money. When a bigger ticket item comes up, whether optional or necessary, you'd better accept credit cards because few have the cash on hand to make it a reality. Why do you think so many big-ticket consumer goods (appliances, Plasma TVs, snowblowers, lawnmowers, furniture, etc) are sold "no payments no interest for a full year!?"

e57

mdshunk said:
You can buy a truck brand new off the lot, and if it doesn't have rear windows, it also won't have a rear-view mirror on the windshield.

Ahhhh.... You will find some with rear veiw - and no rear windows. Cut-away vans seem to all have one - the body is made on one line, the box put on later.

GT in CA you would find yourself with a fix it ticket for tinting drivers and front pasanger windows. Or rolling them down everytime you see a cop.
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/

Some guys locally have been putting 1/2" thick sheets of AL up on the insides of the driver and passanger sides with two hooks at the top of the door frame, and a lock or pins at the bottom of the window on the inside. (No side or rear glass and hocky puck locks all around) Not only keeps out prying eyes - physically keeps them out if they decide to break the window for spare change or worse, full on theft of the truck. - Been thinking of doing the same with mine.

Oh chain the hood down too.

Last edited:

peter d

e57 said:
Some guys locally have been putting 1/2" thick sheets of AL up on the insides of the driver and passanger sides with two hooks at the top of the door frame, and a lock or pins at the bottom of the window on the inside. (No side or rear glass and hocky puck locks all around) Not only keeps out prying eyes - physically keeps them out if they decide to break the window for spare change or worse, full on theft of the truck. - Been thinking of doing the same with mine.

Oh chain the hood down too.

Sheeesh...is SF a war zone or something? :confused:

e57

peter d said:
Sheeesh...is SF a war zone or something? :confused:

No pretty low violent crime wise. But there are neighborhoods where no window is safe from smash and grab, and usually for something ridiculous. Spare change, cell phone, or just to see if there is anything to grab that isn't bolted down.

Last year I bought 4 windows.... Nothing stolen... I get out there before anything gets away it seems... Since both windows on the back of a Savanna cost as much as new doors with no glass - the decision was made on that.... Side windows in front - I got out there and chased people off with a bender handle. Caught one kid - and the cops made me let him go... (No proof!!! Then warned me about assault...) I now have cameras that watch the truck. One guy broke the window and just left right away when the alarm went off - I figured he was coming back so I printed a picture and waited for him. (After I called the cops who said they were not coming...) I saw him pull up and I jumped out and jammed the bender handle through his window before he even got out. He ripped up the street to get away. Since we have a kid now - my wife won't let me physically go after them anymore..... :rolleyes: So I figure I either deter the practice altogether - or load the Mossberg with rubber balls in the chamber, then deer slugs.... :grin:

Pierre C Belarge said:
I see two problems with that truck.
1. Blue is my favorite color for a truck.
2. I want a computer in my truck.

oh...I meant 3 problems.
3. I know where to find myself a nice blue truck with a computer in it. :wink:

very nice job on the truck, welcome to the 21st century!!!

It's a van, not a truck. I've seen truck and it ain't it.......:grin: at least not in Texas......

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
e57 said:
GT in CA you would find yourself with a fix it ticket for tinting drivers and front pasanger windows. Or rolling them down everytime you see a cop.
They will pry my right to roll down windows when I see cops out of my cold, dead fingers.

cschmid

nice ride..i am also country boy and high tech..but not in my vehicle..there are a few ways to pay for CC processiong some are monthly fees, others are percent of purchase, some are per trans action..there might be more I have not heard of..Nice ride and good work man..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.