billing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
We are a service company but our issue has been billing. we service a wide area. Our techs submit everthing electronic but getting the invoice from tech to accounting to customer is ineffecient. I wanted to hear what some of the large service companie using.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
What is your turn around time from work to billing?

Curious. I'm not large enough to be considered a small EC.

Our shop services lighting for large retail and small retail business. Our techs are station around state for service calls as needed. The work order is sent to tech and after work order is completed they send it back as completed. Our accounting then reviews them for time and materials and then submits to customer. I am just trying to stream line process from tech to billing to customer. Thats it. We have 10 to 20 invoices a day from 10 to 15 techs with all kinds of parts. I was hoping to hear from people who have large service dept. that deal with this kinda billing.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Not a large shop or even small shop (just a one and a half man operation) but I recall QB has the ability to allow techs to input invoice and time sheets. I also keep getting emails advertising a company that will network techs with one stop JO's, invoice, fleet tracking, time submission, all via an app.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I use QB. We bill T&M for almost all projects and keep a running inventory. Ten to twenty invoices a day would keep office help pretty busy by the time they get it entered and sent. Time per project would be good but we can visit the same customer several times per week and a couple times in a day. Each being a different project. QB is not an overnight solution. It takes time and there may be a better way.

Eli1211

Occupation
Electrician
I’m a small EC doing residential w/some commercial here and there, but use a platform called Jobber. I use it for sending quotes, invoicing, maintaining scheduling for myself and one J-man. You are able to give others as much or as little access as desired. My J-man has full access, so is able to handle all the billing on the spot. Could work with your techs.

Status
Not open for further replies.