bonding bushing at disconnect

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
But neither does the code require them to be listed, AFAIK.
It becomes an issue for bonding over 250 volts when you don't take out all of the rings. However the code language could use some work. If I am looking at it, and there are any rings remaining that are not listed for bonding, and the circuit exceeds 250 volts, you will need to use a grounding bushing with a jumper.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
It becomes an issue for bonding over 250 volts when you don't take out all of the rings. However the code language could use some work. If I am looking at it, and there are any rings remaining that are not listed for bonding, and the circuit exceeds 250 volts, you will need to use a grounding bushing with a jumper.
Which is why I always used a grounding bushing when over 250 volts, regardless. ;)

mjd1

"The rigid conduit in question houses the ground/bounding wire to the ground array."
from post one.

made me think it may have been a GEC

Dusty Steele

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
What's the voltage to ground? Nec doesn't specify anything about the conduit size as to If a bond bushing is required. It's dependant on the reason and then any metalic conduit of any size in that situation requires it.
480v some of the installation is 120/208v as well. The installation is not a service or terminated to/at a service point. It's part of the premises wiring.

Last edited: