Cable manufacturer help

Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of months ago, someone posted a new cable type that is now available on the market.

It is a NM rated type cable that has stranded conductors, sized 16 AWG -2 AWG (not sure of larger size), and comes in up to 5 conductor cable.

Does anyone remember the name of the manufacturer or a link to the manufacturer/cable?

ibew441dc

A number of months ago, someone posted a new cable type that is now available on the market.

It is a NM rated type cable that has stranded conductors, sized 16 AWG -2 AWG (not sure of larger size), and comes in up to 5 conductor cable.

Does anyone remember the name of the manufacturer or a link to the manufacturer/cable?

Is this what you were looking for? http://www.southwire.com/ProductCatalog/XTEInterfaceServlet?contentKey=prodcatsheet6

I have never come across NM cable with conductors smaller than 8AWG being stranded and have now joined the hunt:smile:.

The NM-B cable Southwire has in that link list a 4 conductor cable plus an EGC .....is that what you were remembering?

cpal

Pierre
What gage comes in stranded??

I think # 8, and larger have always been stranded.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses.

I am not speaking of "standard NM Cable" or Sim Pull.

This manufacturer is not South Wire or Encore, etc... This manufacturer has just recently produced this product.
It has up to 5 conductors and is stranded. Sized from 16 AWG to 2 AWG.

An inspector I know has a piece of the cable, but he forgets the name. He will let me know when he gets home...I wanted to know sooner...I am impatient. :grin:

wireguru

is it that orange stuff with NM rating meant for plasma tv installs and such where it can be pulled through the same conduit as the signal cables?

LJSMITH1

Pierre - Is this "control cable"? Some control cables are type NM. The reason why I ask that is because you listed a starting gage of 16 awg. That is typically used in control wiring.

As for the larger conductors, I have no idea what application would require a 5 conductor, 2AWG cable. Maybe mining? A DC application?

There are a few custom cable companies out there, and this configuration may be an oddball requirement...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.