California Title 24 Manufacturer Certification for Astronomical Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgookin

Hello Gang:

I know we have some Title 24 wizards on here and I just got stuck on something.

Late last year I went online and found the webpage for a Manufacturer Certification process for outdoor lighting controls on the Cali Energy Commission website. Today all I can find is this: http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/equipment_cert/

Do astronomical controls still need a Title 24 Manufacturer Certification? If yes, can you point me to the page where I start the process please?

It seemed like a simple process last time.

TIA.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
It is my understanding that any device used to comply with Title 24 Must have certification accepted by the energy commission .
A project cannot be signed off unless all the devices are listed on the listing website.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Hello Gang:

I know we have some Title 24 wizards on here and I just got stuck on something.

Late last year I went online and found the webpage for a Manufacturer Certification process for outdoor lighting controls on the Cali Energy Commission website. Today all I can find is this: http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/equipment_cert/

Do astronomical controls still need a Title 24 Manufacturer Certification? If yes, can you point me to the page where I start the process please?

It seemed like a simple process last time.

TIA.

"Manufacturers certify to the Energy Commission that the following listed equipment,
products or devices meet the indicated requirements under Title 24, Part 6 and associated
appendices. The Energy Commission makes no claim that the listed equipment, products
or devices meet the indicated requirements or, if tested, will confirm the indicated results.
By being included on these lists, the Energy Commission confirms only that a manufacturer
certification has been submitted and accepted."

seems pretty straightforward. send them a note to be included in the book of life.
it seems they don't have any requirements other than that you tell them it works.

http://www.energy.ca.gov/efficiency/contacts.html

i'd start on that page. this should be pretty simple, unless other manufacturers have
clouded the process to keep the pool of approved devices small... naaaa.....

but... if you aren't on the stupid list, your device cannot be used in california.
it won't pass the lighting certification necessary for final inspection....
i just saw this today on a set of drawings, on page one of the electrical set:

mgookin

"Manufacturers certify to the Energy Commission that the following listed equipment,
products or devices meet the indicated requirements under Title 24, Part 6 and associated
appendices. The Energy Commission makes no claim that the listed equipment, products
or devices meet the indicated requirements or, if tested, will confirm the indicated results.
By being included on these lists, the Energy Commission confirms only that a manufacturer
certification has been submitted and accepted."

seems pretty straightforward. send them a note to be included in the book of life.
it seems they don't have any requirements other than that you tell them it works.

http://www.energy.ca.gov/efficiency/contacts.html

i'd start on that page. this should be pretty simple, unless other manufacturers have
clouded the process to keep the pool of approved devices small... naaaa.....

but... if you aren't on the stupid list, your device cannot be used in california.
it won't pass the lighting certification necessary for final inspection....
i just saw this today on a set of drawings, on page one of the electrical set:

I sent them an e-mail which they failed to respond to.

My point is that last year they had a process for certifying outdoor light controls. I began the process but never submitted it. This week I went to complete the process and the link for outdoor light controls is gone. The only links coming up on their site for manufacturer's certification are for HVAC systems and the like.

So what happened to the process for a manufacturer's certification for outdoor light controls?

mgookin

I sent them an e-mail which they failed to respond to.

My point is that last year they had a process for certifying outdoor light controls. I began the process but never submitted it. This week I went to complete the process and the link for outdoor light controls is gone. The only links coming up on their site for manufacturer's certification are for HVAC systems and the like.

So what happened to the process for a manufacturer's certification for outdoor light controls?

Update: I found it (too late to edit my post). They like to play hide-and-seek too I see.

Thanks to everyone.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Update: I found it (too late to edit my post). They like to play hide-and-seek too I see.

Thanks to everyone.

hurry up and get your application processed before they screw it up any further.

you are dealing with a state government that feels that building a bullet train to
a location nobody wants to go to is more important than building an aqueduct to
give people water to drink and flush their toilets with.

all bets are off. hurry.

mgookin

hurry up and get your application processed before they screw it up any further.

you are dealing with a state government that feels that building a bullet train to

all bets are off. hurry.

It was submitted last Thursday. I'll let you know when it gets through the system.

Thanks for the heads up.

mgookin

all bets are off. hurry.

It's done.

One week turnaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.