can lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenwayne

Re: can lights

When I was roughing in I had a couple of furring sticks on the truck.A 1x2 cut at 44 in and a 1x4 cut at 14 in.A couple of drywall screws and heights were constant.Except one builder that speced switches at 36 to top and receps 10 in to top and all receps in a kitchen horizontal at 42 center what a pain :eek:

allenwayne

A longer hammer mmmmmmmmm that would eliminate having to use a ladder for may tasks,but play heck on your ankles in a hammer holder :eek:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Originally posted by cselectric:
The nails are totally uselss as they do not have a phillips head and therefore cannot be shot in with my cordless.
Here you go, a Philips nail:

screw.jpeg

[ August 12, 2005, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: LarryFine ]

marinesgt0411

Useing a hammer on rough in what an interseting concept. thuoght a hammer was used to find boxes buried in drywall.(just kidding)

90% framing done with metal studs nothing to nail to. have to screw everything. nails on light fixures useless and get in the way and have to be removed.

have to watch framers constantly or end up reframing for light fixtures

peter d

Originally posted by marinesgt0411:
nails on light fixures useless and get in the way and have to be removed.
They make recessed cans with screws installed in the bar hangers instead of nails. If you work in an area that uses mostly metal studs, I would think suppliers in your area would carry them.

Status
Not open for further replies.