Copy and paste from PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I can't figure this out. I have a PDF I know you can copy and paste, but you can't highlight anything with that hand.

Thank you.

Hunter J

Or the | Select button. It is located right next to my hand button. I was able to high light the text I want and paste it into a word document.

Hope this Helps.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
looks like you got it working, but for future reference, the copy-&-paste feature can be locked when creating .pdf's, meaning the end-user cannot copy the content.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Right click while 'in' the pdf, click on the "Select Tool" instead of the "Hand Tool".

Not an option on this PDF

Or the | Select button. It is located right next to my hand button. I was able to high light the text I want and paste it into a word document.

Hope this Helps.

Not an option on this PDF.

looks like you got it working, but for future reference, the copy-&-paste feature can be locked when creating .pdf's, meaning the end-user cannot copy the content.

Looks like the case, am I dead in the water here? Do have have to type the whole quote out? I'm not in the mood.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Chris,

Are you using the free download version, or full seat version. The full version gives you more options to copy/cut/paste etc. and make edits to documents

If you are using a "locked" PDF, the only way to Copy&Paste is to have a computer-geek friend unlock it for you.

Depends on the Document Restrictions. File>Properties... Security tab.

If printing is allowed, see below.

print, then re-scan and output to adobe using OCR.
I have yet to run across an OCR output that doesn't require at least some manual editing for correction.

A better option, if printing is allowed, is to print to a virtual printer, such as most any "print to PDF" printer, including Adobe's. I have two such options installed on my computer. Copy restrictions do not make it through the print process. Another is the Microsoft XPS Document Writer. I have embedded an example "printed" file in the attached Word file. If you don't have either the viewer or writer... http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/viewxps.mspx

View attachment 3631

Status
Not open for further replies.