Could you give me a rough idea on Labor hrs for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
I have yet to install a Large Generator transfer switch. Seems no different from a small portable transfer switch. Though I have to bid this and was hoping to get some idea on how many labor hours this would take some of you.
Its a 16 circuit 100 amp transfer switch for this unit https://www.generac.com/all-product...-7172-16-circuit-transfer-switch-wifi-enabled

meter is a Recessed 3r stainless meter base. with panel directly behind it and the generator is within 6' of the meter.
Panel is directly behind.
Thinking from start to finish 16hr.
I passed on a few of these since everyone want a bid and not T&M and I don't want to eat into my money, by learning. So I good idea would help.
Thanks
As far as access to equipment. I was basing it on sheetrock removal from both stud bays.
Its to far away to see so I was using that as a base then charge more if needed.

IMG_2505.jpeg FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

Last edited:

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
They are allowing the generator to be that close to a window that opens?
Normally required to be much farther away from windows or any air intakes due to CO from the gas engine. Also mfg requires at least 3 foot setback from building. It doesn't appear to have that.

AFA time for connections, you have to figure pulling and splicing 16 circuits (really 32 because of the in/out of the individual circuit type transfer switch) worth of wire plus the power and control wires for the generator. Does this type of generac ATS provide9 a whip? If so time could be reduced because all terminations for branch circuits happen inside the main panel box.

Buck Parrish

Two guys can do it in a full day if they've done it before. On your first I'd figure 14 hours that is getting all material , maybe a little something to do in the morning, etc...
Not counting setting or moving the generator. I agree with Fred, that window is a slider. They're very easy to open. Looks like they poured a concrete slab, a thick one, too.
You might be able to talk them into a service upgrade. The utilities non fused power is in the wall. Not allowed any more. Is that a 100 amp meter?

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Two guys can do it in a full day if they've done it before. On your first I'd figure 14 hours that is getting all material , maybe a little something to do in the morning, etc...
Not counting setting or moving the generator. I agree with Fred, that window is a slider. They're very easy to open. Looks like they poured a concrete slab, a thick one, too.
You might be able to talk them into a service upgrade. The utilities non fused power is in the wall. Not allowed any more. Is that a 100 amp meter?
The service is a 200 amp, utility in the wall is still done around here they just need a P-90 splice box within 12 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.