Crouse-Hinds breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adidas532

I recently e-mailed Siemens and received the attached letter regarding the use of Murray breakers in Crouse-Hinds panels. I figured it may help someone somewhere, or confuse everyone everywhere even more.

peter d

I've always used Siemens and Murray breakers interchangeably, long before they issued an official statement and UL listing allowing it. Likewise, I've always used Siemens or Murray in the old ITE legacy products as well as Crouse Hinds. My reasoning is that Siemens bought them all out so they sure better allow their breakers to be used in the product lines they now own.

adidas532

Apparently the file was to large to upload, my apologies. It seems the letter has already been circulated. I know many contractors like myself and inspectors like to cover themselves with documentation. I often find myself scratching my head about breaker listings, Cutler Hammer type BR vs. CL it seems to be the same breaker just one has been listed for other panels. I have seen thousands of breakers in the wrong panels and have yet to see one smoking or hear of one causing a fire. I would be interested to know how many fires are created due to brand mixing of breakers.

adidas532

I've always used Siemens and Murray breakers interchangeably, long before they issued an official statement and UL listing allowing it. Likewise, I've always used Siemens or Murray in the old ITE legacy products as well as Crouse Hinds. My reasoning is that Siemens bought them all out so they sure better allow their breakers to be used in the product lines they now own.

It would make sense to me that they would "honor" the brands which they bought out but without a document one is taking a slight risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.