Dimming LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHL

LED is dimmable on a 700w dimmer from a major brand. It requires a neutral wire from the load to be present in the wall box. I am sorry if you mentioned this and I have missed it, what type of dimming do the bulbs you are considering require. I just completed a church where we dimmed 50 fixtures on one dimmer. Each fixture is a single PAR30 LED 13w. These are running on reverse phase ELV dimming. The same dimmer is capable of 700inc/elv, 500mlv, 450w cfl/led. In the past we have installed lower wattage bulbs to the rear as to allow brighter bulbs in the front. Do not get fooled in to 4000k because it is brighter, this is a sales gimmick. 3000k-3500k will give you the best results.

mivey

LED is dimmable on a 700w dimmer from a major brand...we dimmed 50 fixtures on one dimmer. Each fixture is a single PAR30 LED 13w...The same dimmer is capable of 700inc/elv, 500mlv, 450w cfl/led.
So a 450W limit?

In the past we have installed lower wattage bulbs to the rear as to allow brighter bulbs in the front. Do not get fooled in to 4000k because it is brighter, this is a sales gimmick. 3000k-3500k will give you the best results.
It is a color choice, not a sales gimmick. I would not mix the two colors.

With a bigger difference in color spectrum, it can get to be a brightness issue due to the eye's response to the wavelength and/or what colors are being enhanced in the surrounding environment. Lower temperature colors enhance environment colors towards the red end of the spectrum while higher temp colors enhance stuff towards the blue end. 4000k is a neutral point.

Status
Not open for further replies.