Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobhook149

what do you think of theses?
:-?
509484.jpg

good or future problem?

jeremysterling

I installed around 20 of them last week at the behest of my service manager. I believe they are required for new construction. Personally, I think they are a waste of time. They may be helpful to inexperienced people who are changing out ballast.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
They're good if they pass the tug test as Nakulak suggested. The load is usually so small that not much contact is required for the thing to actually work. I've seen many old time electricians cutting them off. :roll:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have used a small pile of them, and haven't had an issue yet. As always, and as mentioned above, I also check for good factory connections, like with recessed cans that come with the push-in wire connectors.

eric7379

We have been using them for a little over a year now without any problems. As others have mentioned, you just have to make sure that the connection is tight.

TOOL_5150

I installed around 20 of them last week at the behest of my service manager. I believe they are required for new construction. Personally, I think they are a waste of time. They may be helpful to inexperienced people who are changing out ballast.

Yes, they are required by code. So you arent a man unless you change ballasts hot huh? Thats what I get from the last statement. :roll:

~Matt

The company I work for has done several reballast/relamp jobs in the last year and we have literally installed several thousand of these and as nakaluk said if installed properly they are reliable. Up to this point we have had no failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.